What's new

Clients Unable to Connect to Guest Network After Firmware Upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SevenFactors

Regular Contributor
Hello,

After upgrading an RT-AC68U to the latest Merlin version 386.13, devices have become unable to connect to guest networks.
I also am running Yazfi 4.4.4

Anyways, the debugs logs I get when trying to connect a client to guest network are as follow

Code:
May 15 22:54:31 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(530): wl1.3: Auth 0E:2E:55:AH:12:AE, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
May 15 22:54:31 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(559): wl1.3: Assoc 0E:2E:55:AH:12:AE, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
May 15 22:54:50 syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(494): wl1.3: Deauth_ind 0E:2E:55:AH:12:AE, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0

I've restarted the router a couple times and the issue persist.

Anybody else experiencing issue with guest networks?

Please advice.

Edit: Have you tried re-installing YazFi?

The log snippet you posted seems to imply it is the 5Ghz #3 Guest Network that is having the trouble. Check the YazFi settings for the Guest Network #3. Maybe try moving it to Guest Network #2 instead if #2 is unused.

Edit: Have you tried re-installing YazFi?

The log snippet you posted seems to imply it is the 5Ghz #3 Guest Network that is having the trouble. Check the YazFi settings for the Guest Network #3. Maybe try moving it to Guest Network #2 instead if #2 is unused.

Thank you for your reply, it kept me from having to reset and re-setup the router.

I went ahead and created guest network #2. As soon as the router finished setting it up, the devices that were having issues connecting to guest network #3 connected successfully to guest network #3

I think creating guest network #2 somehow fixed whatever issue the router assigning IPs to guest networks.

I have restarted the router several times throughout the day and this didn't fix it but creating another guest network did the trick. I will surely keep this in mind for the next time this happens.

Anyways, I went ahead and registered the devices on guest network #2 and disabled guest network #3
Hopefully this wont happen again for a long long time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!