What's new

For Sale: Cambium PTP 900MHz set

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DDT

New Around Here
I have a previously installed set of Cambium PTP 900MHz connectorized radios for sale. They are attached to 900MHz airMAX Yagi antennae, with a claimed gain of 16dBi. I should have more of the equipment, like the Power over Ethernet injectors and some cabling.

I purchased these during the pandemic, in a frenzy trying to get internet 1/4mi thru the woods via an L2 Transparent Wireless Bridge so my kid could "go" to school. Although I could get it to broadcast locally, and part way thru the forest, I could never get it to establish a link thru 30yo overplanted Doug Fir. Some reasons for this that I can share if interested.

These are designed for partially obstructed paths. You accept lower bandwidth in order to get a link where higher frequencies fail. Cambium claims a 130Mbps max (on the 20MHz channel). They are also not designed for the consumer; there's a learning curve to understanding how to set them up. But they were my first set of antenna so I'd say they are ok for motivated consumers with a little tech savvy.

I originally paid Streakwave a little over $1,200 for them. I used one of the NID (ESD protection/grounding point) for a satellite antenna; but they are easily sourced. I can post pictures of the equipment if anyone is interested. Make me an offer, David

Attachments

• SS_PTP450_900MHz_05042017.pdf
    294.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Cambium Invoice.jpg
    Cambium Invoice.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 6