What's new

IPv6 issues with 3.0.0.6 firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It is with the new 3.0.0.6.102.34312 the latest for the AX68U Pro.
so not with other models , my isp has a global ipv6 issue logged in a ticket sinds month 7 of 2023 unable to give me updates as to why it sometimes stops working so i am trying to pinpoint where the root of the issue/cause is

Doubt it....why would say that? Maybe start with your ISP provider.

BS it's already been confirmed. Native IPv6 is broke in the latest Asus build for the AX86U Pro. Period. Nothing to do with ISP. Read the thread about the latest build before posting nonsence.

so not with other models , my isp has a global ipv6 issue logged in a ticket sinds month 7 of 2023 unable to give me updates as to why it sometimes stops working so i am trying to pinpoint where the root of the issue/cause is

Can't speak for other models as far as i know its only the AX86U Pro.

@Analog-1 wonder how many are using that firmware without mentioning IPv6 problems. I see nothing in the changelog that should affect IPv6, and only 2 people having problems.
I'm not saying there isn't a problem, just that there's not many cases.

@Analog-1 wonder how many are using that firmware without mentioning IPv6 problems. I see nothing in the changelog that should affect IPv6, and only 2 people having problems.
I'm not saying there isn't a problem, just that there's not many cases.

Not sure. But i have tested this along with a friend and it just does not work. He uses Spectrum i am using Comcast. All other firmwares from Asus and Merlin IPv6 native works 100% no issues. Load this new firmware along with factory reset and native IPv6 no longer functions for both of us. As stated in the other thread others are also having the issue.

- Corrected a display issue in the OpenVPN server that prevented IPv6 settings from showing correctly.

Maybe this somehow changed something i am no expert on firmware. Asus also does not include many changes in there changelog only what they want to post. So who knows.

Last edited:
Ok just for more confirmation. Just reflashed Merlin 388.7 then flashed Asus 388.24199. NO factory reset all settings left alone and instantly IPv6 was restored and working perfectly.

I haven't been able to enable IPv6 for a year or so now. When I do, my download speed drops by 1/2 immediately. This is over multiple Rmerlin firmware versions and, I think, on two routers (my current, as well as an AX-86U I used to own).

I don't know why this is, and in any case I don't need IPv6. But, it's just weird. It didn't do that a couple of years ago. Below are screen captures from tonight. The IPv6 speeds v. IPv6 when disabled are apparent.

IPv 4 versus IPv 6 Speedtest.jpg

Last edited:
BS it's already been confirmed. Native IPv6 is broke in the latest Asus build for the AX86U Pro. Period. Nothing to do with ISP. Read the thread about the latest build before posting nonsence.
I can't speak for all models but when I enabled IPV6 on the GT-AX11000 Pro model...I never seen issues (latest asuswrt-merlin) . You seem a little agitated for no reason lol.

You also mentioned both the AX68U and the AX86U...so which is it?

Last edited:
@RMerlin Are you planning to fix what ever Asus broke with IPV6 in there latest 3.0.0.6 firmware for the AX86U Pro ?
Just use latest AX86U or AX68U asuswrt-merlin firmware. You'll stop stressing alot with your router!

Last edited:
Moved off-topic talks about Asus' firmware to its own thread, and removed unecessary rude posts. Folks, please behave.

Doubt it....why would say that? Maybe start with your ISP provider.
There's a problem with the firewall rules, there are no rule to allow traffic going from LAN to WAN, so all IPv6 outbound traffic is getting dropped:

There's a problem with the firewall rules, there are no rule to allow traffic going from LAN to WAN, so all IPv6 outbound traffic is getting dropped:

Thanks for the info....glad I keep IPV6 disabled for the most part. @Tech9 will be proud.

@Analog-1 ipv6 is in full not working for you?

ipv6 sometimes goes blank for me but now i have this
1715751355357.png

ooh i see i have 3004 and not 3006 i presume i will receive 3006 in the future

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!