What's new

Solved settings for Asus Smartconnect for clients which have trouble staying on 5Ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Metroguy

Occasional Visitor
My firmware is the latest. Model is

RT-AC 88U.​

in the far ends of my house i get around -67dbm to 93 dbm in either 2.4 or 5 ghz. I am extremely noisy environment. City apartment with lot of WiFi devices in the air

Tried this settings and the AC clients stay on 5Ghz most of the time , unless i move around to a far extreme corner

these are settings for my environment , u can set it lower than my values if the default settings always keep yr AC clients on 2.4GHZ

asus_smartconnect(2024).png

Attachments

• smartconnect_clients.JPG
    smartconnect_clients.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
@Metroguy, to provide a bit more context for others. It may help if you post your router model and what firmware version the router is running along with what WiFi client devices are being used or benefited from the setting changes you made. You'll note that quite a few users here put the router and firmware versions in their user profile signature line so its visible to others.

@Metroguy, to provide a bit more context for others. It may help if you post your router model and what firmware version the router is running along with what WiFi client devices are being used or benefited from the setting changes you made. You'll note that quite a few users here put the router and firmware versions in their user profile signature line so its visible to others.
Updated....