What's new

ssh access with DNS name takes a long time where it did not used to

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

my03

New Around Here
Hi all,

i have an Asus RT-AC68U as my home-router running AsusWRT Merlin 386.12_4. Of all the devices i have connected to it, i now have a Raspberry PI 5 (8gb) where i did use to have a Raspberry Pi 4 (8gb) on which i run a few things such as Portainer, etc.

On the 4 i had an SSD connected "internally" and on the 5 i use an NVME SSD (also "internally").

My issue is about connecting to either of these. On my Pi 4, when trying (putty) SSH it connected immediately without wait. This was true for both the dns name ("raspberrypi" as well as using the ip-address). On the Pi 5 on the other hand, things are different. When connecting with its IP, it does so right away. But when trying its DNS name - "raspberry5" - it takes 5-6 seconds for it to actually connect for some reason. I'm wondering if there could be some cached value somewhere that can be flushed effectively to make it more responsive?

Any advice?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!