What's new

The Open Source Wireless Router from Netgear

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

B

blue

WGR614l wireless router is wonderful product from Netgear. It supports many third party broadcom based firmwares like DD-WRT, Tomato etc. This is a good one for the newbies since its easy to setup and configure and as well as for the developer since it provides the freedom to choose third party software to port on it.

My Open Router has launched another independent firmware for Netgear wgr614L router. This firmware is also based on the standard Broadcom source code. I think soon we will get customized openWrt for wgr614l. :)

I have also tried this new firmware. It has some interesting features like Guest SSID, WPA/WPA2, WPS, Port Forwarding, Packet Filtering, MAC Filtering etc.

I have tried MOR firmware. Guest SSID feature is perfect to protect public from accessing our systems without having to hookup two non open source routers to the ISP router. Is this feature supported by Tomato or DD-WRT?