What's new

[384.11][AC68U] Save Setting opens Adobe Reader

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RocketJSquirrel

I Installed 384.11 today on my 68U.

On the Admin page, Restore/Save/Upload tab, when I try to Save Setting, Adobe Reader opens with an error message. Reader is not set to open .CFG files in my Win7 control panel. What have I set up wrong?

cfgerror.png

cfgsetting.png

I Installed 384.11 today on my 68U.

On the Admin page, Restore/Save/Upload tab, when I try to Save Setting, Adobe Reader opens with an error message. Reader is not set to open .CFG files in my Win7 control panel. What have I set up wrong?

View attachment 17625
View attachment 17624
Go to the directory where the .cfg file is. Right click and choose properties. In the opens with section choose default I think. Click apply and try again.

Yikes, it does the same thing when I attempt to Backup JFFS.

jffserror.png

I am using Firefox 66.0.3. Worse yet, Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.19301 does not even let me log in to the router with the correct name and password!

Go to the directory where the .cfg file is. Right click and choose properties. In the opens with section choose default I think. Click apply and try again.
It does not get as far as creating the .cfg file. All it does is open Adobe.

I have tried the Universal Tech Support Remedy (i.e., rebooting the PC), which did not help.

Worse yet, Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.19301 does not even let me log in to the router with the correct name and password!
Curiouser and curiouser. IE allows me to log in to the router when I specify http://192.168.1.1, but it does not let me log in when I specify http://router. The name and address of "router" is defined in my PC's HOSTS file as 192.168.1.1, and IE takes me to the router's login page, but refuses my id & password.

In any case, I can now successfully save settings and JFFS using IE with the numeric LAN address instead of FF. So the issue must be in my FF configuration somewhere. In FF, .CFG files are set to "Always ask" and .TAR files aren't even in my list of file types. Neither of them should open Adobe Reader.

So this was a Firefox problem, not a Merlin problem. Sorry to have bothered you all and thanks to those who offered suggestions.

The solution was to do a "Refresh Firefox" on the about:support page. This cleared out whatever corruption was there, and now both Save operations work on the Restore/Save/Upload tab.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!