What's new

AC3200 3.0.0.4.382.18338 - 382 and KRACK fix!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

o-l-a-v

Regular Contributor
382 with KRACK fix is out for AC3200.

Download (withdrawn):
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC3200/FW_RT_AC3200_300438218338.zip

GPL (withdrawn):
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC3200/GPL_RT_AC3200_300438218338.zip

Changelog:
https://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC3200/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Code:
Version 3.0.0.4.382.18338
2017/11/0740.86 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.18338
Security fixed
- Fixed KRACK vulnerability
- Fixed CVE-2017-14491: DNS - 2 byte heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14492: DHCP - heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14493: DHCP - stack based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14494: DHCP - info leak
- Fixed CVE-2017-14495: DNS - OOM DoS
- Fixed CVE-2017-14496: DNS - DoS Integer underflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-13704 : Bug collision
- Fixed predictable session tokens, logged user IP validation, Logged-in information disclosure (special thanks for Blazej Adamczyk contribution)
- Fixed web GUI authorization vulnerabilities.
- Fixed AiCloud XSS vulnerabilities

New features
- HDD Hibernation
- URL filter black/white list
- Bandwidth limiter on guest network
- URL filter support https website

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: e30e0bb76846cd26fd55f901326488b2

Last edited:
The LAN Status ports under Network Map>System Status>Status are labled backwards. "LAN 1" should be "LAN 4", "LAN 2" should be "LAN3", "LAN 3" should be "LAN 2" and "LAN 4" should be "LAN 1". Also, the IPv6 Firewall page is missing entirely.

The IPv6 firewall was moved to the main Firewall page (first tab).

kb? If you mean MB, I don't think this is possible on the RT-AC3200.

Have ASUS upped the nvram to 128kb with this release?

They probably did, since I saw a new CFE in recent 382 GPL code for that model.

I know its a possibility. Just didn't think it was an option for the 3200.

Thanks to you and @RMerlin for confirming.

I am referring to the space used to store settings. And it is possible.

Sometimes my WD MyBookLive NAS drives client names show up in the router network map as "WESTERN DIGITAL" when they should show as "MyBookLive" and "MyBookLive2", other times they show correctly, it seems random.

Edit: I just experienced a problem, my wi-fi stopped working (all 3 radios) but wired worked fine. the SSIDs were visible but I couldn't connect. After power cycling the router I noticed It now takes longing than usual to boot up (almost 2 minutes). The wi-fi works again after power cycling, but now the WAN led is stuck red when it worked earlier.

Last edited:
Did the update to 3.0.0.4.382.18338 yesterday and only found 1 minor issue.

My Amazon Echo Dot, connected to 5G-1, is showing up as a wired device. Refreshed the device list, it's still shown as wired. Very strange.

Did the update to 3.0.0.4.382.18338 yesterday and only found 1 minor issue.

My Amazon Echo Dot, connected to 5G-1, is showing up as a wired device. Refreshed the device list, it's still shown as wired. Very strange.

Reboot the device to force it to obtain a new lease.

Reboot the device to force it to obtain a new lease.

Didn't help i'm afraid. It's actually worse than I thought. Amazon Echo Dot is on 5G-1, VM102 and VM103 are on 5G-2.

RT AC 3200 Capture.jpg

Maybe I will try a full reset and re-enter all the setting manually :(

Just ignore it then. It's merely cosmetic, it won't affect functionality.

Anyone else with unstable WiFi after upgrading to this version?
I have not had any issues with this router before, but after upgrading to this 382 firmware the WiFi is really unstable. Connections die after some time (hours): Often the WiFi on the devices shows connected but the connection is dead, other times the devices are just disconnected from from WiFi. The issues might be on 5GHz only, I have only one device normally connected to 2.4Ghz and I haven't seen the issue on this device. Restarting the router solves the issue (until it happens again some hours later). The firmware upgrade was followed by a factory reset and manual configuration. I have Smart Connect enabled.

Anyone else with unstable WiFi after upgrading to this version?
I have not had any issues with this router before, but after upgrading to this 382 firmware the WiFi is really unstable. Connections die after some time (hours): Often the WiFi on the devices shows connected but the connection is dead, other times the devices are just disconnected from from WiFi. The issues might be on 5GHz only, I have only one device normally connected to 2.4Ghz and I haven't seen the issue on this device. Restarting the router solves the issue (until it happens again some hours later). The firmware upgrade was followed by a factory reset and manual configuration. I have Smart Connect enabled.

I had same issue and was googling for some info and found this thread. After upgrading to 382, I noticed that my Nest products were bouncing on and off line and as the day went on the radios seemed to stop working and would only come back after a reboot. The number of clients was changing each time I refreshed the page...

Rolled back into 380 and things are back to stable...

I had same issue and was googling for some info and found this thread. After upgrading to 382, I noticed that my Nest products were bouncing on and off line and as the day went on the radios seemed to stop working and would only come back after a reboot. The number of clients was changing each time I refreshed the page...

Rolled back into 380 and things are back to stable...

looks like they have taken 382 off of their site which is great, I was having a hard time figuring out how to get a message directly to them...great router and company IMO

looks like they have taken 382 off of their site which is great, I was having a hard time figuring out how to get a message directly to them...great router and company IMO
That is a good sign... sort of. I mean, this probably means they know there are issues with the 382 firmware. It is still available from the "Bios & Firmware" page though, but in "Drivers & Tools" page it is back to version 380 now. I was also trying to figure out how to send them a message, but ended up registering and posting a message here in the forum instead. Not very much discussions about the AC3200 router, but thanks to you wolfeman I now know it is not just my setup that has been messed up somehow. Now I wonder how quick they will be to release a fixed firmware; if I can wait for that to avoid double work, or if I must revert to 380 in the mean time..

They never released the source code for 382. They must have felt it wasn't ready.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hey merlin, do you have any inside info on why 18338 was pulled? other models still have their 382 build up, was it something to do with the new CFE?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!