What's new

Accessing VPN Clients on Router thru Mobile Phone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zedoz

Occasional Visitor
Hello

I have setup VPN clients for different servers on my router (RT-AC88U) in Advanced Settings/VPN/VPN Client.

Is it possible to change the service state of a VPN client using the Mobile Phone somehow?

Appears VPN settings can not be changed in the Android ASUS app.

I could changed service state using the Chrome browser, but is awkward as it shows in Desktop mode

Also, if you set the service state of all VPN clients to "on" at the same time, what impact does this have? I thought you could only have one VPN running at a time, but it appears the router lets you switch multiple VPNs on at the same time? Ideally, I just want to have it set to "on" when streaming only, otherwise switched off.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello

I have setup VPN clients for different servers on my router (RT-AC88U) in Advanced Settings/VPN/VPN Client.

Is it possible to change the service state of a VPN client using the Mobile Phone somehow?

Appears VPN settings can not be changed in the Android ASUS app.

I could changed service state using the Chrome browser, but is awkward as it shows in Desktop mode

Also, if you set the service state of all VPN clients to "on" at the same time, what impact does this have? I thought you could only have one VPN running at a time, but it appears the router lets you switch multiple VPNs on at the same time? Ideally, I just want to have it set to "on" when streaming only, otherwise switched off.

Thanks
I don't know of any easy way to do this. But if you are up for some scripting, check out Android "SSH button" or Apple "Shortcuts". These would allow you to place buttons on your home screen that, when pushed, send one or more ssh commands to the router. It would be possible to have a button that stops other vpns and starts a specific one of your choice.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!