What's new

Adguard DNS buffer size too small

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I missed the woolly mammoths as well. I only know Manny from the Ice Age movie. 😒

I have setup Adguard and Skynet with mostly default settings and everything is functioning very well. I checked my syslog and have been seeing occasional errors from adguard

Use one or the other - Adguard or Skynet - you don't need both as they serve the same purpose..

Ah i thought cache was going to a file on ssd here is my stats

View attachment 58531

Cpu temp seems a bit high to me tho
Fortunately adguardhome would never need that much cache space hence why your ram isn't all the way used up yet. AdGuardHome will only use up more ram as the cache becomes full. If you did have a big enough user-base that required a cache that big, you would have to run that adguardhome on somewhere other than your router.

i think there is still something wrong in the deep heart of the router

idle latency just went up from 20ms /16ms during a speedtest to 40+ ms
May 8 10:00:26 spdMerlin: Connection quality - Idle Latency: 46.64 ms (jitter: 3.20ms, low: 44.96ms, high: 48.67ms) - Packet Loss: 0.0%

i also see this line
May 8 10:00:15 kernel: sched: RT throttling activated

i think there is still something wrong in the deep heart of the router

idle latency just went up from 20ms /16ms during a speedtest to 40+ ms
May 8 10:00:26 spdMerlin: Connection quality - Idle Latency: 46.64 ms (jitter: 3.20ms, low: 44.96ms, high: 48.67ms) - Packet Loss: 0.0%

i also see this line
May 8 10:00:15 kernel: sched: RT throttling activated
Try creating a new thread then. Those issues have more to do with your line connection not debug messages coming from your DNS server.

hey i now have more and more dns buffer size to small and some dns lookups take over 100ms how to solve this is there any setting i can change via ssh

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!