What's new

[Alpha][MU-MIMO] Early preview of 380.59

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Too early to tell. At this time, one of the models fails to compile at all, and another crashes at boot time. The only two models I have tested are the RT-AC88U and RT-AC56U (which gets used for development/testing purposes).

And as it turns out, half of those recent GPL releases are missing the critical closed-source components, so for these incomplete models (which includes the RT-AC68U), I cannot do anything until I can obtain the missing bits.

That's why asking me if or when a certain GPL release will be merged in cannot be answered until I have actually tried to do it.

On mediafire - Test builds

Im at work sorry, can t link it for now . Job firewall blocked me :oops:

Maybe im too old now lol and i begin to see Unicorn and Pink elephant :D

My bad if i am wrong

Last edited:
Just keep watching the Test Build folder, I will upload some test builds from time to time, depending on various factors (time, whether I can actually compile it, etc...)

If it's not in that folder, then it's not available yet.

You are not too old , i see it also :p.
The next release of 380.59 (Alpha,beta or Final) will be merge with 380.2697 probably, so i waiting till then
I dunno about that.. I looked at the size of at least the AC3100's source code for .2697, and the size was a good amount smaller, then the previous firmware's source code. So looks like it could be missing a good bit of stuff, and also, I don't think Merlin likes messing with beta source codes to much. I'm sure he will comment on it some as well.

Sorry for the noob question, but can somebody give me the link please ? Thanks in advance!

The next release of 380.59 (Alpha,beta or Final) will be merge with 380.2697 probably,

I hope not 2697 has issues on my network and appears to need work. :eek: 2345 seems to work very well and so far just as good as 380.58

I hope not 2697 has issues on my network and appears to need work. :eek: 2345 seems to work very well and so far just as good as 380.58
Suggest you check git "Merge with Asus GPL 380_2697" only 1,854 files changed, with 84,878 additions and 4,638 deletions WOW!

Dont care what Git says 2697 as it is right now has issues for me.

I just flashed 380.59_alpha1 for the RT-AC3200.
After noticing that the automatic DNS wasn't working, I performed a factory default and reset NVRAM.
The DNS issues continued. SSIDs were visible but if you attempted to connect they were removed, and the receivers flashed on and off.
I used a wired connection with manually configured network settings to go into the Web GUI and flashed back 380.58.
If there is a fix that someone knows for the DNS issue I'll attempt again (including building my own), until then I'll stick to thew stable build.

Actually @RMerlin , would you like me to flash it again when the rest of my family are asleep and grab the system log?

Try the first post.
Already did but just getting alpha 1. But maybe i am got smt wrong cause i thought maybe alpha 2 was up. Sorry for bothering with this. Need to be patient or compile myself from Merlin repo.

BTW just found the folder on mediafire but no alpha 2 available yet. I am dumb.

Last edited:
Actually @RMerlin , would you like me to flash it again when the rest of my family are asleep and grab the system log?

Thanks, but no point to at this time, as the code you are running has changed quite a bit already.

Where I can find build for N66U? There's sha256sum for RT-N66U_380.59_alpha1-g26b553b.trx but not that file in Test Builds.

i flashed RT-AC68U_380.59_alpha1-g26b553b firmware....IPTV working, all scripts working.....this is for now, about two hours of testing.....great job done as allways @RMerlin.....:)

I would like to test this firmware on my ac5300, but until merlin says it's working, I Will wait, I saw new models are added to the merlin downloads list, but 5300 is not one of them, so Will be here to find out when a 5300 compile appears.

Thanks for posting this comment. I saw the 5300 loaded in the download folder, but was thinking about the same thing. Considering I'm deployed right now, I don't want to mess up the 5300 or my VPN will be down until I get back from my deployment.

so far fine on the ac56.no issues tho I always reset after flashing.
thanks

see there is on for the ac56u ohh boy.gonna give it a try.
thanks

Last edited: