What's new

Any chance for an upcoming Asus AC66U - B1 review?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ct1615

Regular Contributor
I read Asus used very similar hardware from the AC68U in the new AC66U so I picked one up at a good price. Reminds me a lot of the Netgear AC1750 6400 (USB 3.0, dual core processor, can't upgrade antennas) but in a slightly smaller package that takes up less real estate, although slightly bigger then the old AC66U.

ASUS sent one along with the RT-AC1900P. I'll be doing a short performance review.

I found this little nugget in a review from the site below (had to use google translator since I can't read Spanish)
http://www.redeszone.net/asus/rt-ac66u-b1-ac1750/

ASUS Easter Egg

At hardware level, this new router supports Turbo QAM in the 2.4GHz band, this means that we can get a speed of up to 600Mbps instead of up to 450Mbps. Although ASUS has cataloged this equipment as an AC1750, it is actually an AC1900 as the RT-AC68U, in fact, as you will see in the performance tests, there is a card that synchronizes at 600Mbps. In the firmware itself, we have the option to enable or disable this Turbo QAM, it is not an ASUS error, it is really an AC1900 computer.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!