What's new

ASUS AX6000 Client Status problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whydoesmyhearthurtsomuch

Occasional Visitor
All was fine but for some reason now when I hover over a couple of the Clients in the "Client Status" Option it does NOT show me either TX or RX rates OR the Access Time. It simply shows me.

"Radio: Very Strong

Access time: "

I now add: The 2 clients I am not getting reports from are both connected to the 1 Node. Perhaps it is the Node causing problem, although it did work fine.

What you see above emboldened is exactly what I see on the 2 wireless clients. However when I connect my wireless device it shows ALL the reports ,including access time, TX and RX rates etc.

What would cause that ? Anyone know hopefully .

Hmm...never noticed that function. Whatever... Network Map can act funky. Nothing new and it may or may not "fix" itself. May also be a browser problem.

After a lot of reading and my own experiences with an Asus XT8 system I've had for about a week, I think a lot of these Asus systems need to be rebooted pretty frequently to keep everything working normally.

I've had to restart my system several times to fix various issues like traffic monitoring not working, the router not displaying the names of devices I've tried to rename and instead it gets stuck displaying the old name, iot devices not being able to connect at all, etc..

All of these were eventually fixed by restarting the system.

various issues like traffic monitoring not working

Issues with Traffic Analyzer, Web History, Client List, Adaptive QoS, Traditional QoS, Dual WAN, USB sharing, IPv6, AiMesh, etc. are frequently reported and discussed. The more features you have enabled the greater the chance something will get messed up. Keep it simple folks and you don't have to reboot. Asuswrt is a firmware built on top of old Tomato code and changed/adapted multiple times over the years for whatever current needs are. Even the user interface is from around 2010, before the Dark Knight.

Issues with Traffic Analyzer, Web History, Client List, Adaptive QoS, Traditional QoS, Dual WAN, USB sharing, IPv6, AiMesh, etc. are frequently reported and discussed. The more features you have enabled the greater the chance something will get messed up. Keep it simple folks and you don't have to reboot. Asuswrt is a firmware built on top of old Tomato code and changed/adapted multiple times over the years for whatever current needs are. Even the user interface is from around 2010, before the Dark Knight.
Yeah, I have most of that disabled but one of the reasons I bought this system is specifically for the traffic analyzer and the ability to see data usage by device.

The Deco X5000 I tried didn't have this, much to my surprise.

Still having random issues though. Today my Ring alarm base station started going offline at random and when I tried to bind it to the XT8 node closest to it (about 2 feet away) it refuses to connect. I then tried the middle node and it didn't connect to that either. It will only connect to the farthest node which shows an RSSI of -83 which is why it was disconnecting at random.

I know a device can be too close to a router but the alarm has been working fine for a week and just started having this problem today. Anyway, I "solved" it by connecting it to the node with a cable.

I'm actually thinking about going back to the Deco X5000 and buying a Firewalla just for traffic monitoring. Or maybe just going another route. I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's just that all mesh systems suck.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!