What's new

ASUS GT-BE98 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_34372 - 2024/04/23

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jixiangyuan

Occasional Visitor
New Features:
Introduced AURA Night Mode.
Added Multi-link Operation (MLO) network in Guest Network Pro.
Added automatic WAN/LAN detection feature.

Bug Fixes and Performance Enhancements:
Enhanced connectivity for WiFi 7 devices.
Fixed client binding issues on AiMesh nodes.
Resolved AiMesh node broadcast issues in Guest Network Pro.
Corrected Link Aggregation UI errors.
Fixed Guest Portal bugs.
Improved AiMesh system stability.
Addressed DNS errors affecting internet access for Guest Network Pro and VPN connections.
Resolved the issues of WireGuard client profile names.
Fixed dual WAN and VLAN 4094 IoT issues.

Security Updates:
Fixed code execution in custom OVPN.
Fixed CVE-2023-48795, CVE-2023-41913

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: afa0d11a9eb2bd4a4450639c7bbe2700f0b200b4fb431b2c1ee877d0cce9eca0

Link: https://rog.asus.com/networking/rog-rapture-gt-be98-model/helpdesk_bios/

I just tried the MLO function. It gave me no latency reduction on my S24 Ultra. Also, my AX210 can only connect to the 2.4GHz when connecting to the MLO SSID. So it’s totally useless for me at the moment. I have a bad feeling that it will become the next TWT (Target Wake Time), which most people won’t enable at all as it creates a lot more problems with close to no benefit. But it might be too early to say.

The DNS Over TLS bug still exists for me as well, although it’s better than before.

It might also be wise to not use "WAN Auto Detection", although it's on by default, as it takes longer for me to connect to the internet after rebooting/restarting. But it might just because I use the 2.5G port as WAN.

I didn't think Windows supported MLO until a future built of Windows 11 24H2. Wouldn't surprise me if the S24 didn't support it yet either.

I didn't think Windows supported MLO until a future built of Windows 11 24H2. Wouldn't surprise me if the S24 didn't support it yet either.
The S24 Ultra does support it. On the Wi-Fi selection page, you can see the MLO band has the 2.4/5/6 GHz subnote on it. If you manage to unlock the Connectivity Labs in "Intelligent Wi-Fi", you can also see the phone is connected to two frequencies at the same time, either 2.4+5 GHz or 2.4+6 GHz. I believe this is because FastConnect 7800 only supports two frequencies at the same time. As I said, this brings no reduction in latency (in my testing) at all… In fact from my testing, the latency is higher than my previous Wi-Fi 6E router - AXE11000, for some reason.

The only benefit of MLO I can think of, at the moment, is the ability to combine two 160MHz channels at 5GHz to achieve a total width of 320MHz. However, it’s also possible to obtain a single 320MHz wide channel in the 6GHz band. Yet, the dual 160MHz channels in the 5GHz band should provide a better range, as they operate at a lower frequency.

Any idea when GT-BE98 Pro users can expect a firmware update? I see this release for the non-Pro version addresses the VPN Internet Connectivity issues.

Any idea when GT-BE98 Pro users can expect a firmware update? I see this release for the non-Pro version addresses the VPN Internet Connectivity issues.
No really. You can contact ASUS and ask for that. But from my previous experience, they will not provide an accurate date. You might just have to wait.

Seems like wifi7 works better on my pixel 8 pro with this firmware. On the previous version it jammed and got stuck for a while and pages stopped loading and after some 10-15 seconds it would resume loading.

Seems like wifi7 works better on my pixel 8 pro with this firmware. On the previous version it jammed and got stuck for a while and pages stopped loading and after some 10-15 seconds it would resume loading.
Have you tried MLO?

I have a Pixel 8 also with this new firmware and mlo enable it does use either 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz or 6 Ghz it doesn't seam to use 320 mhz total bandwidth but i do get less of a speed drop with distance.

A few issue in my case :
- It breaks the AiMesh when using smart connect.
- The child node not able to connect to parrent node. And I found it slowdown both download and upload speed.
- The AiMesh backhaul TX info also not showing correctly or showing always “0”. I am using wireless backhaul

I downgrade back to previous versions and will skip this for now.

Strange that it mentioned Aura Night mode as new features… it was already there for me.

A few issue in my case :
- It breaks the AiMesh when using smart connect.
- The child node not able to connect to parrent node. And I found it slowdown both download and upload speed.
- The AiMesh backhaul TX info also not showing correctly or showing always “0”. I am using wireless backhaul

I downgrade back to previous versions and will skip this for now.

Strange that it mentioned Aura Night mode as new features… it was already there for me.
If you experienced slow down after enabling MLO, it's most likely due to the client is only connected to the 2.4GHz at that moment. The max speed will be ~200Mbps (~150Mbps on most phones) or ~400Mbps depending on if you set the bandwidth to 20MHz or 40MHz. Also most phones only support 20MHz@2.4GHz.

And yes, I noticed the Aura Nigh Mode part as well, very strange..

Didn’t get a chance to try the MLO since I have no MLO devices compatible. Hope next firmware release is better and stable.
Given that the last few updates have typically taken more than two months, let’s hope ASUS can roll out another firmware update at the start of July to address this issue.

I have the following problem since this software release (with and without MLO active):

I have Smart Connect with WPA2+WPA3 active and the same ssid on all four (2.4G, 5G1, 5G2, 6G). After router restart, some clients, especially the ones with 6G support, cannot connect to router. They are reporting "invalid password". Others / olders and LAN are working. After reconfigure something which results in wifi restart, everything is working till next restart of router was performed.

I have the following problem since this software release (with and without MLO active):

I have Smart Connect with WPA2+WPA3 active and the same ssid on all four (2.4G, 5G1, 5G2, 6G). After router restart, some clients, especially the ones with 6G support, cannot connect to router. They are reporting "invalid password". Others / olders and LAN are working. After reconfigure something which results in wifi restart, everything is working till next restart of router was performed.
I noticed that as well. But I think everyone gets that initially after the firmware update, then it should back to normal. I think it's just the router was still in the update process, although you can find the SSID using your client devices.

I noticed that as well. But I think everyone gets that initially after the firmware update, then it should back to normal. I think it's just the router was still in the update process, although you can find the SSID using your client devices.
But i had the automatic restart configured for tonight and this morning it was the same until i changed something in settings few minutes ago, then wifi was restarting and now it looks like it is working again. Any ideas what to check?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!