What's new

Asus RT-AC1200 Speed capped to 100Mb/s

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ekanto

New Around Here
Hi,

I bought an ASUS Wireless RT-AC1200 router, few days ago. Since I bought this router, I am not getting more than 100Mb speed on my 5Ghz channel. My wireless network card is Intel Dual Band Wireless -AC 8265 which supports up to 866Mb/ps per second. Also, my internet connection supports up to 500Mb/s. I was supposed to get that speed on Wi-Fi but I am no getting it as I have said route speed i capped to 100Mb/s. It would be kind enough if I get the solution to this problem

Thank YOU

Welcome to the forums.

What firmware version are you running on your router? Is it the latest available? Did you do a full reset to factory defaults afterward and then manually and minimally configure it to secure it and connect to your ISP?

Did you use different SSIDs than what you were using previously on your old router? Did you 'forget' and reconnect to the router again? Have you rebooted the router and waited 10 minutes afterward to see if the speed differs?

Did you power off your router and modem/ONT and wait for at least 10 minutes to reset the connection with your ISP and your new router?

Is your client device on battery power or plugged into AC when you're doing the tests? Is the power profile set to high performance or best battery? How far away are you from the router? Any obstacles in between the router and client device?

Are you using fixed Control Channels or Auto? What channel bandwidth have you set? 40 or 80 MHz?

Does a wired device give you the full speed of your ISP when connected directly to the router?

Are you using anything other than default settings? Are you using any 'extra' features that that router may have?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!