What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I confirm problems on AX-GT 6000 after updating to 3004.388.7_rog Randomly dropping clients on 5Ghz. After the scheduled restart on Monday, all devices cannot log in to 5Ghz. Only a complete power outage helped. The router is fully reset to factory defaults. I thought this was the cause, but the symptoms did not go away. That's why I'm here, reading if anyone else had problems.

What is your WiFi 5Ghz setup?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-08 14.41.03.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 14.41.03.png
    541.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2024-05-08 14.39.57.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 14.39.57.png
    610 KB · Views: 56
Will these screenshots be enough?

Yes, I know that channel 124 is DFS.
If clients Drop at 12h connection, it is WPA3 fault (device implementation of it...).

Will these screenshots be enough?

Yes, I know that channel 124 is DFS.

Get off the DFS channel
Do not permit 160 wide channels
Turn off roaming assistant. It's purpose is to drop connections
Disable Universal Beam Forming - It can lead to clients that hear the AP yet can't answer

The above items are common causes of problems problems. I don't recommend them

APSD is sometimes an issue
Try OFSMA only
The @ in your SSID is questionable. Some clients may have issues

Correct the bolder items, at least to debug. Then the others if you are still having issues. Once you are stable you can experiment with each of them one at a time and wait at least a week after enabling each item individually.

Good luck,

Morris

If clients Drop at 12h connection, it is WPA3 fault (device implementation of it...).
I have had AX-GT6000 for 11 months and have been using Merlin from the beginning. Never had any problems with 5Ghz.
The only problem was the 2.4Ghz frequency and random disconnection of IoT devices. Here, it was recommended to change the channel width to 20Mhz and solved the problem. However, that is another matter.
For testing purposes, I will listen to you and turn off WPA3. This actually happens on devices that already support WPA3.

Thank you

I have had AX-GT6000 for 11 months and have been using Merlin from the beginning. Never had any problems with 5Ghz.
The only problem was the 2.4Ghz frequency and random disconnection of IoT devices. Here, it was recommended to change the channel width to 20Mhz and solved the problem. However, that is another matter.
For testing purposes, I will listen to you and turn off WPA3. This actually happens on devices that already support WPA3.

Thank you

Unlikely WPA3

Get off the DFS channel
Do not permit 160 wide channels
Turn off roaming assistant. It's purpose is to drop connections
Disable Universal Beam Forming - It can lead to clients that hear the AP yet can't answer

The above items are common causes of problems problems. I don't recommend them

APSD is sometimes an issue
Try OFSMA only
The @ in your SSID is questionable. Some clients may have issues

Correct the bolder items, at least to debug. Then the others if you are still having issues. Once you are stable you can experiment with each of them one at a time and wait at least a week after enabling each item individually.

Good luck,

Morris
Thank you, Morris.

I once set these parameters. More for testing than there was a reason.

Of course I will check your recommendations. Maybe something has changed in the area.
I use DFS because they are the only channels on which I can get full bandwidth. There are many 5Ghz points in the area and the lower channels are very noisy.

The @ in ssid, I've been using it since wifi appeared. Only cheap routers have a problem with setting the ssid with @. However, in the name of science, I will also check this parameter

Zero changes to Wifi or drivers in 3004.388.7. Your issue lies elsewhere.
I am using my laptop via LAN 99% of the time so when I read these comments about disconnections on 5GHz, I had to test for myself, I connected my laptop via WiFi only and didn't have a single disconnection the whole day.

My laptop has Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 with driver version 23.40.0.4 and I am using SmartConnect by the way

1.png

I am using my laptop via LAN 99% of the time so when I read these comments about disconnections on 5GHz, I had to test for myself, I connected my laptop via WiFi only and didn't have a single disconnection the whole day.

My laptop has Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 with driver version 23.40.0.4 and I am using SmartConnect by the way

View attachment 58572
Almost the same here:
  • Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211
  • Driver version 23.20.1.1
I am working from home 4 days per week, always wireless, no disconnection, with latest firmware version but also with previous version.
And I am also using SmartConnect.
Running WPA2 only (tried WPA2/WPA3 but some devices were unable to connect and I can't change them at the moment)

Last edited:
My tablet has been connected since Firmware update no drops.

1715211491245.png