What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No I haven't, but I have downloaded several times (all successfully) via several browsers across a broad spectrum of devices. The end result is always the same.
I know it's a long shot yet the checksum is there because it can go wrong and can go wrong multiple times. You should eliminate the issue.

On some routers they run low on memory as they run and will not update. Reboot, and then try upgrading

I know it's a long shot yet the checksum is there because it can go wrong and can go wrong multiple times. You should eliminate the issue.

On some routers they run low on memory as they run and will not update. Reboot, and then try upgrading
I shall give that a go then, just to see if anything crops up.

That said, I'm having this same issue across three GT-AXE16000's. So frustrating, as I can't recall an issue with a merlin update across the many years I have been using it.

Thank you for all the tips, many for novices..... I am slightly beyond that, but appreciated all the same. :)

That been said, I still can't get this update to work at all. It just gets stuck the moment I start it, but the home's internet access works without issues whilst the process is ongoing/doing nothing.
@ToonTonic, which file are you trying to install? The normal GT-AXE16000_3004_388.7_0_nand_squashfs.pkgtb file or the ROG version (GT-AXE16000_3004_388.7_0_rog_nand_squashfs.pkgtb)? If the ROG version, try flashing the normal version. If both are exhibiting the same update problem it would help if you indicated that (if you haven't already).

From the list of things to try that was posted, which of them have you done, and which haven't you done?

@ToonTonic, which file are you trying to install? The normal GT-AXE16000_3004_388.7_0_nand_squashfs.pkgtb file or the ROG version (GT-AXE16000_3004_388.7_0_rog_nand_squashfs.pkgtb)? If the ROG version, try flashing the normal version. If both are exhibiting the same update problem it would help if you indicated that (if you haven't already).

From the list of things to try that was posted, which of them have you done, and which haven't you done?
Good call out, I can confirm that I have only attempted to use the ROG version for consistency.

your LAN client will prefer ipv4
Is that not up to the browser and/or apps themselves on the client to prefer one over the other when you have both IPv4/6 available? Or am I misunderstanding it?
Having IPv6 is particularly useful for VPNs since more and more IPv4 addresses get blacklisted or bombarded with captcha nowadays, while IPv6 seem to be a lot more "clean" in this regard and a decent number of big websites already have IPv6 addresses.

A very strange thing happened today to my GT-AX6000 running latest AsusMerlin. Tried to do a "WPS Reset" which I had done hindreds of times in the past but it just would not allow me to go through with reset. The ROG light flashes but then the WAN led was not coming on and router was not reset when turned back on.

Last edited:
Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available for all supported Wifi 6 models.

Changes since last release:

Code:
3004.388.7 (26-Apr-2024)
  - NOTE: RT-AX56U is exceptionally included in this release.

- NEW: IGD2 support for UPNP/PCP.  This will allow IPv6 pinhole
         support for clients.  It must be enabled on the WAN
         page.  Existing pinholes will be listed on the
         System Log -> IPV6 page.

Note that IGDv2 has compatibility issues with various
         clients that do not properly follow the standard.
  - UPDATED: Openvpn to 2.6.10.
  - UPDATED: TOR to 0.4.8.10.
  - UPDATED: wsdd2 to 2023-12-21 snapshot.
  - UPDATED: miniupnpd to 2.3.6.
  - UPDATED: wireguard kernel to v1.0.20220627.
  - UPDATED: wireguard tools to 2023-08-04 snapshot.
  - UPDATED: dropbear to 2024.84.
  - UPDATED: strongswan to 5.9.13 (fixes CVE-2023-41913)
  - CHANGED: Hardcoded location of the CA bundle in inadyn, so it
             no longer needs to be manually defined in custom
             configurations.
  - CHANGED: Re-designed Tools->Sysinfo page, adding graphs
             and removing useless content.
  - CHANGED: Updated free memory report on networkmap to also
             consider reclaimable memory as being free (kjbracey)
  - CHANGED: "Prevent client auto DoH" will also prevent the use of
             Apple's iCloud Private Relay.
  - CHANGED: NAT Passthrough page - removed the "Enabled + NAT
             Helper" option as the firewall no longer blocks
             traffic when set to disabled.  This is back to the
             former behaviour, where this setting only controls
             whether or not to load the NAT helper.  You might
             need to readjust that setting if you had previously
             changed it.
  - CHANGED: SIP, RTSP and H323 ALG (NAT helpers) are now
             disabled by default, as these legacy features tend
             to create issues with modern VoIP setups.
             This change will only apply to people doing a
             factory default reset of their router.
  - FIXED: Concurrent cronjob changes through cru could cause
           collisions, leading to missing jobs (dave14305)
  - FIXED: crond would not use the new timezone if it got changed.
  - FIXED: MiniDLNA web interface could only be accessed through an
           IP address (regression in 3004.388.6).
  - FIXED: CVE-2023-5678 & CVE-2024-0727 in openssl (backport from
           Ubuntu by RSDNTWK)
  - FIXED: Long lists on System Log -> Connections tab could result
           in a timeout (Sani Huttunen)
  - REMOVED: Temperature page (charts are now part of the redesigned
             Tools->Sysinfo page).

Please keep discussions on this specific release. The thread will be locked once feedback dies down.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
I have GT-AX11000 PRO with this build ,i use Wireguard but i am getting one device that are going straight though with no VPN ,i can create a second or even a third entry for the device then delete the other 2 to find the one that works

Attachments

• Merlin VPN bug(20-5-2024).jpg
    Merlin VPN bug(20-5-2024).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 43
Updated from the previous version and nothing worked anymore, that is anything that required the DHCP-server. Setting my cabled PC to a static ip and using the Google DNS everything worked. Reveresed back, still same effect (but seemed like some WiFi was working, the systems which use a hardcoded DNS (Google Home).

Logged in using SSH and updated Diversion and voila everything worked again. Updated back to this version and going strong. Had me troubled for some time. Thought might share it if somebody else is using Diversion on their setup, update that first before the firmware.

Was close to a complete factory reset...

Reactions: a5m
The WiFi has been stable since the WiFi driver update in 388.6. There's something in your setup causing this instability. When was the last time you did a factory reset?
388.6 was stable
388.6_2 was not stable
now running 388.7 and it looks like this one is stable as well.

in case of trouble i will try a factory reset but for now everything seems stable

Also disable OFDMA, MU-MIMO and Beamforming on the 2.4 GHz band. You want that band to have as few advanced features as possible since it will mostly be used to connect legacy devices that don't support 5 GHz, and therefore are often poorly compatible with new technologies.
Does that also apply if using wifi 6 since that uses both bands

Does that also apply if using wifi 6 since that uses both bands
You shouldn't be using the 2.4 GHz band with a Wifi 6 device, unless that device is at a very long distance, in which case you probably still care more about connectivity than throughput.

Clean install up more then 15 days
I lost Traffic monitoring ?
have not tried areboot yet.
Screenshot 2024-05-21 131250.png

You shouldn't be using the 2.4 GHz band with a Wifi 6 device, unless that device is at a very long distance, in which case you probably still care more about connectivity than throughput.
i disabled it for both
i have 5 2.4ghz devices and only 1 5ghz

Curious, noted that my router re-booted on its own today, never did that in the past, just curious what can cause this, basic configuration, no USB or AiMesh...
On 388.7 for almost 4 weeks without any issues...

Mastiff init, couple of these entries in the log (critical)