What's new

Ax-6000 and IPv6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rudiantoine

New Around Here
Good morning, do you have experience with the Ax-6000 and IPv6? Is it true that IPv6 is not compatible with the Asus Ax-6000? And if so, has Merlin perhaps overcome this issue?

Im in the UK using a GT-AX6000 on BT 900/100. I've IPv6 enabled on "native" and it works fine for me. I have DDNS enabled via DynV6 with direct access (when I choose to enable it - which is very rare) to an internal server. Often the issues with IPv6 seem to come down to the ISP implementation, and there are people on BT Broadband who do have issues, I'm just not one of them!

Im in the UK using a GT-AX6000 on BT 900/100. I've IPv6 enabled on "native" and it works fine for me. I have DDNS enabled via DynV6 with direct access (when I choose to enable it - which is very rare) to an internal server. Often the issues with IPv6 seem to come down to the ISP implementation, and there are people on BT Broadband who do have issues, I'm just not one of them!
It can often come down to the routers as well though. Many people are having problems with Vodafone UK's "Native" dual stack, but it seems only when using Vodafone's own router. My asus hasn't skipped a beat since I was provisioned, using noip (AAAA) DDNS.
I know it's not an GT-AX6000, but in this case I don't see that as relevant now.
Most likely this problem is down to the way the isp is delivering IPv6, and some misconfiguration somewhere.

Thanks for the answers, but reading the FAQ in the Asus manual, it specifies that with PPPoE it is not possible to use IPv6. I would like to know if Merlin is aware of this issue and if a patch is planned. Or if switching to IPoE would solve this problem.

Thanks for the answers, but reading the FAQ in the Asus manual, it specifies that with PPPoE it is not possible to use IPv6. I would like to know if Merlin is aware of this issue and if a patch is planned. Or if switching to IPoE would solve this problem.
PPPoE here. @Crimliar Do BT use PPPoE for their connection.

I think the Asus FAQ just may be badly written! I am as @Ripshod mentions using PPPoE in the WAN setup, I can't see any means of setting up the GT-AX6000 in a single stack IPv6 mode, it has to be IPv4 and IPv6 (with some fudging by BT - that's a whole post in itself) dual stack+.
The basic IPv6 setup here, is as simple as setting "Connection Type" to native and hitting apply, everything else gets filled in automatically.

Thanks for the answers, but reading the FAQ in the Asus manual, it specifies that with PPPoE it is not possible to use IPv6.
I see where you get that idea
Screenshot_2024-05-18-21-55-31-44_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg

You may be mid-reading this, and I can see why. Your IPv4 connection will be PPPoE, the IPv6 should be set "Native". All the above is saying is that PPPoE is not available in the IPv6 settings.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!