What's new

AX82U V2 Slow IP Lease

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tornado

New Around Here
Hey everyone, my first post here.

I recently bought the Asus AX82U V2 router and almost everything works great, except for one thing.

Every time I enable the guest network on either 2.4ghz or the 5ghz channel, all of my home computers connected via Ethernet cable start to take at least 30 seconds to "identify network" before obtaining an IP.

The windows event logs say there was a failure to obtain an IP address, and Windows assigns the 169.xxx deal temporarily until 30+ seconds have passed.
This happens on reboot on multiple computers and also disabling and re-enabling the network adapter.

As soon as I disable the guest network(s), the problem goes away.
My computer personally does not have a WiFi adapter to be interfering, either.

What I've tried:
- Updated router firmware
- Downgraded router firmware
- Formatted windows
- Set a static IP for my computer in the router, also trying to manually assign IP via Windows.

- Installed GNUton's Asus Merlin fork, version 3004.388.6_2-gnuton1

Aside from this issue, everything seems to run okay with the router.
Hopefully someone has an idea, because I might have to return this router for another model as my old Asus AC66R never had this issue.

Last edited:
Every time I enable the guest network

Try Guest Network 2 or 3 instead. Guest Network 1 is different, used for AiMesh configurations.

Try Guest Network 2 or 3 instead. Guest Network 1 is different, used for AiMesh configurations.

I just came back to post exactly this. That was the exact problem. I started digging deeper and had noticed it had a "router only/aimesh" option the other two slots didn't have.

The old router I had did not have AIMesh, so I just set it up in slot #1 like I did the old system.

I hope this thread helps people find the solution to their problem.

Thank you!