What's new

Bricked my AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Murtaza12

Regular Contributor
So I was wandering around the CFE thread, wanted to flash the EU CFE on my RT-AC3200, so I thought before I risk bricking that, might as well experiment with the AC66U, since it's way older and it cost me a lot less than I paid for the 3200.
Anyway, I checked my current CFE, it was 1.0.1.4, I flashed 1.0.1.8, all LEDs turned off and now it's stuck with 3 lights (LAN1, LAN2 and WAN). So that's dead.

I've got the choice to get an AC58U which is the only ASUS router in stock at the place I'm getting it from, any reviews or experience with it?
It's for $80 on sale, so I was wondering if I should pick it up.

I've no idea if the RT-AC58U is any good or not, but it won't run Merlin's firmware (Qualcomm CPU) so it wouldn't be on my list.

I've no idea if the RT-AC58U is any good or not, but it won't run Merlin's firmware (Qualcomm CPU) so it wouldn't be on my list.
That's a deal breaker for me too. Realised that just shortly after posting this thread.

I found an AC66U B1 (AC68U) for around $110, ordered that, should be getting some more info about that tomorrow and then finalise the order.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!