What's new

Can we get an option to change the MTU for LAN as well

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Twohothardware

Occasional Visitor
My ISP uses a non standard MTU setting which I'm able to configure the MTU for the WAN on my ASUS RT-AC86U through the Merlin firmware but I'm running into an issue with my Playstation 4 where it is not then correctly detecting that MTU and is just using the default 1500 MTU.

And when I manually change the MTU setting on my PS4 from Automatic to what my ISP uses I get an error every time I run the PS4's connection test stating, "The router in use might not support IP packet fragmentation.." and my PS4 will also not automatically log into Playstation Network when I turn it on, I have to run the PS4's connection test each time first and then it logs in.

The only workaround I've got right now is using SSH to change the LAN MTU on my ASUS RT-AC86U from the command line which gets rid of the IP packet fragmentation message on the PS4 connection test but those command line MTU changes on the router are lost every time I reboot.

Since we're able to configure the WAN MTU via the Merlin firmware could we not also get settings to change it for the LAN ports and bridges as well?

Last edited:
if you have a command to set the lan mtu size you could add this to one of the scripts in /jffs? In firewall-start or in services-start would be an idea?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!