What's new

Cant host Friday the 13th game lobby AXE16000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Johnnyproduce

New Around Here
With stock asus firmware people will join my lobby when I host. When I switch to merlin firmware nobody is able to join. I saved the stock settings and restored them on merlin. Same issue remains. With merlin firmware nobody is able to join my lobby. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Welcome to the forums @Johnnyproduce.

When flashing to RMerlin from stock (or vice-versa), you must perform a factory reset to defaults to get the most stable and reliable router/network performance. Do not import a backup config file from a different firmware/fork. You've effectively undone the full reset at that point.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't work that way either unfortunately. That's why I tried using a backup. In hopes it would change a setting that was creating this issue. It's not a stability issue. That's the reason I'm changing from stock firmware. Whatever the difference between stock asus and stock merlin, it's not allowing people to join my lobby using merlin firmware. The game doesn't have servers up. The host of the lobby is the one hosting the online game. Hopefully knowing that helps in finding a resolution.

Not sure if it is your issue but Merlin firmware now disables three things that stock has enabled.
Located at the WAN > NAT passthrough tab.
RTSP Passthrough
H.323 Passthrough
SIP Passthrough

What is affecting some gamers with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware is newer UPnP version used - it doesn't work in double NAT environment. UPnP in multi NAT doesn't work by definition and the developers now stop the daemon when private WAN IP is detected. On stock Asuswrt though with older UPnP version and DMZ plus UPnP upstream it somehow works. At least it worked with the equipment I tested it some time ago. I don't know if current Asuswrt maintains this unofficial functionality or not.

So to get an answer to what happens and why:
- router model
- network configuration description
- what this game needs to work properly

Last edited:
What is affecting some gamers with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware is newer UPnP version used - it doesn't work in double NAT environment. UPnP in multi NAT doesn't work by definition and the developers now stop the daemon when private WAN IP is detected.

Yeah, and this is proper behavior when the WAN connection is a private IP, and if I recall, this also applies towards the CGNAT range as well...

Not sure if it is your issue but Merlin firmware now disables three things that stock has enabled.
Located at the WAN > NAT passthrough tab.
RTSP Passthrough
H.323 Passthrough
SIP Passthrough
This solved it! Thank you so much! Now hopefully merlin is more stable than the stock firmware.