What's new

CSA rates router security and lifespan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Justinh

Just ran across https://www.csa.gov.sg/our-programm.../cybersecurity-labelling-scheme/for-consumers
Originating in Singapore, the org has agreements with other countries.
They rate hardware security levels 1-4.
Browse their data by device type and mfr https://www.csa.gov.sg/our-programm...ersecurity-labelling-scheme-(cls)product-list

What I find really interesting is the "Date of Expiration" for each device. I guess the listed expiration (mfr could change their mind) and the security level (could be better but not tested to prove it) is a minimum. I don't know how which devices are chose for more testing by a third-party

What I find really interesting is the "Date of Expiration" for each device. I guess the listed expiration (mfr could change their mind) and the security level (could be better but not tested to prove it) is a minimum. I don't know how which devices are chose for more testing by a third-party

this is all on the vendor to maintain their certification.

Note that this is not a mandatory requirement...

They rate hardware security levels 1-4.

Google Nest Wifi - Level 4. One per customer, please. There will be a Nest for everyone.

Google Nest Wifi - Level 4. One per customer, please. There will be a Nest for everyone.

I saw that - remember that the Google Nest WiFi (and all the google wifi devices) are basically headless chromebooks... and have some level of management by Google,

They don't have a WebUI, and pretty limited on what can do for configuration - I'm not sure that's a negative for folks that just need WiFi to work.

They don't have a WebUI, and pretty limited on what can do for configuration - I'm not sure that's a negative for folks that just need WiFi to work.
Maybe that's how they achieved Level 4 - don't build in or expose any functionality but the bare minimum. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!