What's new

CVE-30360 and ASUS-WRT Merlin (380.59)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Snoopotic

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I have an AC-56U with ASUS-WRT Merlin 380.59 currently running. Its behind a bridged Hitron CVE-30360 cable Modem (my provider more or less forces me to use that).
Since I got that Hitron device I found Out i have problems after rebooting my Asus Router. As this sometimes happens when I change some settings this can be very disturbing.

What happens?
After rebooting my Asus it does not get a new IP on WAN side from the Hitron. Also the Asus does not set up a route from it's 192.168.1.1/24 net work to the Hitrons 192.168.100.1 Interface as usual...
I am not that firm what happens and causes that.
But I found a workaround that is annoying: I just need to reboot (by turning off and on again) the Hitron as well after rebooting the Asus. As a Reboot of the Hitron takes about 10 Minutes as it Syncs with cable (DOCSIS 3.0) again you imagine how bad it is. Also Remote Maintenance is a bad idea... ^^

Does anybody has an Idea what happens and maybe knows a/the solution? Maybe the Asus needs to send a special signal/signature to the Hitron before it reboots to release the IP or something like that? I have no access to Logs on the Hitron.