What's new

Engenius 2610 Bridge Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jogl

Occasional Visitor
I have two Engenius 2610 devices, one is set as an access point, the other as a client bridge to bridge about 1/2 mile to another building. While trying to track down other problems I realized that I had the IP addresses of both Engenius devices set to 192.168.1.1, which is also the IP address of my router. Thinking that I had, perhaps, found the source of other nagging problems I changed the IP addresses of the Engenius devices to 192.168.1.247 and 248, both outside of the DHCP range.

Now the bridge is working, I can ping both ways accross it, but if I try to use an internet address (eg.: www.google.com) I cannot connect from behind the link. But ping 8.8.8.8 works just fine. The rest of the LAN is operating fine. It is like DNS is not working over the bridge now, when it was before.

This is an attempt to show my topology:

DSL Modem --- Router --- 24 Port Switch --->

>-+- Engenius AP --- Engenius Client Bridge --- WAP/Switch --- other devices
l
l --- other devices.

I think that the Engenius AP is working because I can connect to it with other wireless gizmos.

My "devices" are mostly Debian Linux computers and Arduinos and a few Apple and Android gizmos.

I have tried changing just about all of the settings on the Engenius devices with no luck.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks, JP.

Howdy,
You will want to turn on the WDS setting. Without it, it strips off the html header.

I think that you nailed it, it is finally working on the bench. Now to replace all the hardware and...say a prayer to the Gods of the ether. Hopefully I'll be back shortly with a million thank you's for you Mike.

Well, Thanks again, that has it working.

Still not exactly right, one thing that I have noticed already is that nmap will not work right from downside of the bridge connection. But that is minor compared to the mess before. I'll try sshing in to a machine on the upside and running nmap next time I'm over there, didn't think of it today, I was too busy being happy that it was working.