What's new

I wish it could be real

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

This is what I see in Traffic Analyzer if I switch from "real-time" to pretty much anything else:

1.png

Last 24 hours:

2.png

The router is AC68P.

Old, known issue with the older models like the RT-AC68U. There is currently no known fix.

The nearly 2 year old firmware (RT-AC68U_384.17_0) I was running for nearly 2 years never had this issue, I still have 12 units on this version, none have this issue, neither other updated version who now run RT-AC68U_386.5_2 and all of them have this.

The nearly 2 year old firmware (RT-AC68U_384.17_0) I was running for nearly 2 years never had this issue, I still have 12 units on this version, none have this issue, neither other updated version who now run RT-AC68U_386.5_2 and all of them have this.
That`s why it`s so difficult to solve, it only occur on a very specific scenario. I have never been able to reproduce it myself either, but multiple users are affected by it.

Asus managed to reproduce it on newer models, and they implement a kernel level fix for these. That fix however cannot be applied on these older 2.6.36 devices, and since reproducing the issue is problematic, nobody is able to work on fixing it at this time.

The reason why the issue never appeared in older firmware is because it was using older 32-bit code. Asus updated it to 64-bit code, and along the way there were some other changes through which the issue was reintroduced.

I understand, I've had the same issue on some other 32bit app, there I added second 32bit variables and incremented them once the primary overflows, on the display (browser) side the same 2 vars resolved via javascript (var1*var2 > 64bit var). Its a hack but this works.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!