What's new

Skynet Is default firewall good enough?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

refer to this post

When i try and use the filter list above in post 342, an error curl: option -0z: requires parameter is displayed when trying to consolidate blacklists

So your logic was correct on this, @chongnt ... I cross-referenced entries from list 8.txt, and they were all contained within 3.txt. I've adjusted my filter list accordingly to prevent skynet from having to download and process dupes, which should save a few seconds on processing time. ;) Thanks again!
I need an automatic copy of your list :D. It has been awhile since I last checked forum :(

refer to this post

Many thanks. I have now successfully switchover to your filter list for Skynet :)

Where do I enter this whitelist? I've been looking at every menu item but cannot locate it. (Am I blind or just dumb?)
It is under import list option. You select the whitelist option as the type of option then you copy paste the url into the terminal.

Or you can just type it into the terminal following these set of directions.

Example Import Commands;
( firewall import blacklist file.txt "Apples" ) This Bans All IPs From URL/Local File With The Comment Apples
( firewall import whitelist file.txt "Apples" ) This Whitelists All IPs From URL/Local File With The Comment Apples

It is under import list option. You select the whitelist option as the type of option then you copy paste the url into the terminal.

Or you can just type it into the terminal following these set of directions.

Example Import Commands;
( firewall import blacklist file.txt "Apples" ) This Bans All IPs From URL/Local File With The Comment Apples
( firewall import whitelist file.txt "Apples" ) This Whitelists All IPs From URL/Local File With The Comment Apples
Ah I see, so this one needs updating manually, correct? Instead of the blacklist that's taken care of via the Malware Blacklist option.

It is too big. :(
Is the hardcoded whitelist good enough in Skynet?
That depends on if you are ever concerned about running into false positives. Numerous websites/web services use the same IP addresses. False positives could range from your banking app or bank website to your favorite online game servers. Or in most extreme situations, country blocking could mean you need to allowlist root servers for unbound. It is very hard to say if skynets "hardcoded" whitelist is good enough since it was made with only consideration of the default skynet filter list. Whether you need to allow list IP's and domains depends on your personal use.

Been a long day, need a gut check.

I’ve got a router with WireGuard/OpenVPN sitting on the LAN side of my AX88. I have a port forward rule configured on the AX88.

With Skynet disabled, everything works. When enabled it doesn’t, the external randomly assigned carrier client IP ADDR is blocked?

Would that also mean that the tablet/phone carrier randomly assigned IP ADDR is on some blacklist?

I don’t think Skynet cares about the port, just the IP ADDR trying to connect inbound through the AX88 to get to the VPN router sitting on the LAN side…

Like I said, long day, need a gut check…

Right now I have removed Skynet but want to install it again, it’s 2am here and woke up to this so posted while fresh and to clear it out so I can catch some Zzzz’s

Attachments

• 9AC9D601-1879-4046-8073-BB042A7524D1.jpeg
    9AC9D601-1879-4046-8073-BB042A7524D1.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 50
That means there is a list some where in there breaking things. A list that has a nonreal ipv4 address most likely. As I mentioned before, skynet has no actual protection against this. So, it will most likely fail the moment a list has a none real ip address. What I mean by a non-real ipv4 address is an address the is out side the range of real addresses. Skynet could fix this issue by strengthening its ipv4 grep regexp.

Last edited:
Here's the culprit:

1678024680018.png

not very "high confidence", is it!? :)