What's new

Issue with new Tenda MW6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Neilman01

New Around Here
hello, i’m new to this form but have a little networking experience. I recently just bought a new Tenda nova MW6 mesh system from my house. Before I was using in an Asus nighthawk X4. I recently set up the new mesh network and have issues with certain devices. I have about 10 fire TVs in my house which seem to connect fine and never drop or lose the connection. But any phone or laptop I connect seems to randomly stop working and then randomly working again. It doesn’t lose connection, the WiFi single shows as it’s xonnected to the router but it won’t load anything at all, acts as if there is no network. I’ve tried to reset the routers but still same issue. They are on the lastest firmware

Are you using the same SSID? Yes or no, I'd try going to the settings area on each phone and laptop itself, and using the "Reset Network Connection" option there (or whatever option is similar to that, depending on the device OS etc).

Then set up each device once again to access the Tenda network.

On each device, if you have the option to clear out / remove any other "preferred" or previous network connections (especially old unused ones), do that too.

This isn't a sure-fire cure-all, but it can sometimes help clear out any leftover gremlins that happen when switching up overall networks.

Good luck!

Its a differenr ssid. Ive tried to reset network connection and still the issue persists. Ive tried multiple new devices that have never even been to the house and same issue. Weird thing i noticed today was that if the internet stops working on my phone, if i disxonnect and reconnect it will work for a second then stop again. If i go back to my old router the issue stops. I set up a set of these at 2 other houses and one set works completely fine and the other is experiencing the same issue I am. Same thing too, all the fire tvs works fine, its only the iphones, ipads and windows laptops having the issue (dont have an android phone to test with)

Hi,

I am having similar problems. I am able to detect it while having Internet calls and the call brakes up or is just dropped randomly. If I change to my previous router it works fine.

Also i am having problem accessing my security cameras from an external network, sometime I am able to access them and sometimes it takes so long that it times out the connection.

Have you been able to solve the problem?

I also called the support phone on tenda's page but no one is answering, not sure what the time zone is.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!