What's new

LaCie NAS firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LaCie

New Around Here
LaCie Network Storage Firmware

LaCie stopped posting their firmware publicly and I was worried that they might take away the ability to update the firmware at all. Thankfully I convinced tech support to give me access to all current firmware revisions. They come in either .capsule (must be applied through LaCie Network Assistant by selecting the drive and choosing the "Update your NAS" button while .signed files are sent to the drive in the web interface.

LaCie 5Big Network
- AD support
- Apple Time Machine™ compatibility
- Multimedia (UPnP TwonkyMedia) server
- iTunes server

- Better support for some AD domains.
- Adds “Join Domain” Web UI that can be used to force the Netbios name of the DOMAIN the given FQDN is normally referencing.

LaCie 2Big Network
- Active Directory support
- Backup NAS to external disks support
- Wake-on-LAN support
- Apple Time Machine™ compatibility
- HTTPS support
- BitTorrent™ client server
- Multimedia (UPnP TwonkyMedia) server
- iTunes server
- Better support for some AD domains.
- Adds “Join Domain” Web UI that can be used to force the Netbios name of the DOMAIN the given FQDN is normally referencing.

Custom 2.2.0 >>> 2.2.4
Drives that shipped with 2.2.0 should use this to update.

LaCie d2 Network
Twonky Media Server 4.4.4

LaCie BigDisk Network
Twonky Media Server 4.4.4

Last edited:
Nothing but problems with 5big

Thanks for the update files but the network assistant program won't work for me. It only sees my nas with their ipconf turned on and then it doesn't accept my update login and password even though it works in the web control panel. I even sent the damn thing in to lacie and they sent it back with the old software on it still.

LaCie Network Storage Firmware

LaCie stopped posting their firmware publicly and I was worried that they might take away the ability to update the firmware at all. Thankfully I convinced tech support to give me access to all current firmware revisions. They come in either .capsule (must be applied through LaCie Network Assistant by selecting the drive and choosing the "Update your NAS" button while .signed files are sent to the drive in the web interface.

Hi there,

I've managed to apply the 2.2.4 update(my unit was shipped with 2.2.3) and i'm trying to make it join my domain. I have an Win2008 Domain named pagcontas.com.br(netbios name is PAG_CONTAS_PI). When i try to join the domain using the netbios name it doesn't work. When i use the FQDN it joins the domain. On the login page, it shows 2 options in the connect to field:
1-Lacie-2Big
2-PAGCONTAS

If i choose PAGCONTAS and use my default domain Administrator use, it says that the credentials do not match. If i use the same credentials, but choose Lacie-2Big, it shows a message about getting user access rights and then it stays with a "Create Session..." message and nothing happens.

The big question here is: How can i sucessfully join a domain and add my users/groups on a 2Big?

Join domain

I have the same problem. Unable to figure out. It suppose to be easy right? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Twonky on my Lacie d2 Network??

Hi,

I'm a German. Sorry for my englisch.

I'm trying to get twonky on my Lacie d2 Network.
First, what do you need for this operation?
And, what I have to do?
Can anybody help me?

Thanks

I am Looking for any +2.2.3 capsule files for the Lacie 5bignetwork2 Nas arrays... I got them back up this time, but now I am having issues upgrading them... I had to totally recompile the HD to get a good boot drive... but they won't udate, as they have in the past...it is looking for a 2.2.3 upgrade first, even thought the software version reads 2.2.3

Hello everyone,
I am looking for any upgrade capsule for a Lacie 5 Big Network v1 which firmware is blocked at version 2.1.0
The original download links are dead..

Thank you

Hello everyone,
I am looking for any upgrade capsule for a Lacie 5 Big Network v1 which firmware is blocked at version 2.1.0
The original download links are dead..

Thank you
and so was this thread 😂

Can you structure so you can use a DNS name? I would think it would work better if you use multiple networks. NetBIOS is limited. Are you running a WINS server?

Can you structure so you can use a DNS name? I would think it would work better if you use multiple networks. NetBIOS is limited. Are you running a WINS server?
Are you really replying to a question from 14 or 15 years ago?