What's new

Microsoft plans to lock down Windows DNS - ZTDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If implemented in businesses, the issues caused would be their own misconfigurations/misunderstandings of what it offers.

I would think this is more for managed machines enrolled in ActiveDirectory as a policy item.

That being said, Office365 and the account levels there, might make things interesting, esp in the case of BYOD and Remote work. It might be convenient to sign into MS Teams on your personal phone or desktop - don't do it, Teams collects a lot of info and access..

Don't cross the streams between work and personal stuff - and that does up and down the stack.

Sure trust Microsoft to do this properly . Sounds like one big headache

The more I think about it, the better the case is to not use a microsoft account for the login into Windows.

Locking down Windows DNS could have some significant implications. I'm curious to see how it'll affect security and network management for Windows users.