What's new

New fibre instal problems - help!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HeadBanger

Regular Contributor
I'm in the UK and have just had fibre installed by a company called Connect Fibre https://www.connectfibre.co.uk/

The install went OK, they plugged their router in (a Linksys) and it worked. However, I need to connect it to my ASUS based router and mesh.

No matter what we and the instal guy tried, we could not get my ASUS AXE16000to connect to their modem. We phoned their helpdesk only to basically be told that they do not provide any support for third party routers. They confirmed that they do not lock the connection by MAC address and no password is required and pointed me to this https://www.connectfibre.co.uk/knowledge-base/how-to-use-your-own-router

Configure the WAN Port on your third party router to VLAN 101 and DHCP.

There is no VLAN 101 setting that I can see but was able to select automatic IP. No joy so I tried setting re-connecting the modem to the Linksys router and configured that to bridge mode. However, when connecting the Linksys router to my ASUS router there is again no internet.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to tackle this and solve this please? Using only the Linksys router is not an option but if I can get some sort of pass through working to my ASUS that will solve the issue.

Thanks,

HB

Log into the router and go to LAN>IPTV. Where it says "Select IP Profile" enter "manual setting", and enter 101 in the Internet VID box. Done.
I know, daft place to hide it 😁

Log into the router and go to LAN>IPTV. Where it says "Select IP Profile" enter "manual setting", and enter 101 in the Internet VID box. Done.
I know, daft place to hide it 😁
Thank you Ripshod! This works for a few minutes and then disconnects saying your ISP's DHCP does not function properly.

I have the query set to normal but have tried the others (aggressive and continuous) and these drop the same. Any ideas here?

HB

Thank you Ripshod! This works for a few minutes and then disconnects saying your ISP's DHCP does not function properly.

I have the query set to normal but have tried the others (aggressive and continuous) and these drop the same. Any ideas here?

HB
I've done a search and found a few posts around the forum about this error, but I can't seem to find any working resolution.

Setting to aggrressive and then rebooting everything seems to have slowed the disconnects. I’m hopeful that it will settle down over night.

Thank you again for pointing me to the IPTV setting - I would never have thought to explore that!

Best,

HB