What's new

new firmware has broke my voip - rtac88u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pete y testing

Very Senior Member
hi guys since upgrading to 3341 my voip via a siemens gigaset c610A has gone dead in the water and refuses to register , sip agl is enabled but i have tried it disabled with the same issue

changed to a netgear r7000 and the voip worked again as usual

will try a few of the other asus router here and see if effects them all

not a good issue if its killing voip :(

will keep you informed

pete

ok can confirm its specific to 380.3341 fw that is causing fw issues across the board

effects

rt-ac68u

rt-ac88u

rt-ac5300

and any other asus with the specific 380.3341 fw

Try disabling NAT acceleration. I haven't noticed any particular change in 3341 to explain VoIP issues, aside from an updated version of CTF.

My ATA is currently registering correctly using my firmware with 3459 GPL merged in.

Unplug the ATA for a bit - it's probably a bit confused - had a connection, and then lost it, and trying to re-establish...

Unplug the ATA for a bit - it's probably a bit confused - had a connection, and then lost it, and trying to re-establish...

did that too , just simply wont register with 3341 at all , any other router or asus router with different fw version is fine , issue started the moment i upgraded to 3341 on the 88u , def something is blocking the port or broke the code

will report to feedback and see if i get any answers

did that too , just simply wont register with 3341 at all , any other router or asus router with different fw version is fine , issue started the moment i upgraded to 3341 on the 88u , def something is blocking the port or broke the code

will report to feedback and see if i get any answers

Probably need to break out the wireshark and get medieval on the problem - the wire tells all...

Someone posted a port mirror howto earlier today for AsusWRT - might be worthwhile to review...

Give this a try (based on 3451):

ok that seems to have fixed the issue , going back to 3341 and it doesnt work again , thanks for that

so cant really tell whats causing it on 3341 and its specific to that fw version and not the country code

The country code has no impact on firewall/routing.

Your problem is probably either something that was broken in 3341 but fixed in 3459, or something else related to the NAT helper.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!