What's new

QQ private protocol AND Kerberos

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whydoesmyhearthurtsomuch

Occasional Visitor
Having blocked QUIC , and this MAY be wholly unrelated, I now see on today's logs 685 MB "QQ private protocol" AND 1.15 GB of "Kerberos" Can someone please advise what those are ,and like QUIC , do they avoid Logging on the Router?.

We use 1 main ASUS Router and 1 Node ASUS Router. Maybe Kereberos is something to do with that ?.

ADDED: I now think that QQ Protocol is likely a VPN . Kerberos still don't know.

Last edited:
I now see on today's logs

What exactly logs are you looking at?

QQ is a messaging platform and Kerberos is an authentication protocol. I don't know if someone in your family uses QQ, but for Kerberos in GB traffic most likely whatever generates the logs has issues identifying the traffic correctly. Why are you stressing yourself so much with this router and logs? That exactly do you want to "catch" there?

What exactly logs are you looking at?

QQ is a messaging platform and Kerberos is an authentication protocol. I don't know if someone in your family uses QQ, but for Kerberos in GB traffic most likely whatever generates the logs has issues identifying the traffic correctly. Why are you stressing yourself so much with this router and logs? That exactly do you want to "catch" there?

Thanks and noted. To be honest I am not that experienced in routers and networks etc so was just concerned not having hackers on or anyone accessing stuff they shouldnt etc etc. Anyway I am not pretty much happy with it now and thanks for your advice.

Anyway im happy now, no more fiddling required.

Sure... :rolleyes:

QQ is a messaging platform

Far more than that - QQ is Tencent which is a cloud services outfit based on the PRC - WeChat for example, uses QQ

There are Chinese IoT devices that use cloud services, most of which are using either Tencent or Baidu, and to a lesser extent Alibaba's cloud services...