What's new

Routing conflict error in vpn client. How to clear all vpn client info?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rango

Hello guys. My router shows in vpn client Error - Routing conflict! I tried clear ip route 192.168.1.1
but does not clear it. Anyway to clear this routing conflict. I have eas 128 and 256 set on two different client profiles from same vpn provider so it looks as if router is getting conflicting routes?

I've also seen when i swap between two profiles, off and on on one and other, alternating that sometimes one will not activate later, maybe for same reason that there is routing conflict.

How do i clear all vpn clients configs from nvram or in profile without wiping entire nvram?
and how to clear ip routes in asus router?

Last edited:
Delete the route associated with the VPN server as shown below (s.s.s.s is the IP address of the VPN server).

ip route delete s.s.s.s

that will fix your problem.

Last edited:
Hi, I have the same issue and deleting the IP route helps, but somehow the error returns after a fews days..
Any suggestion what else could be causing this?

This no longer occurs for me but i forgot how this was resolved. I think this occurs when there is two different vpn providers in client information and you disable and enable between them. Reboot after doing that should clear this but this is just a speculation. You may also want to check if both client have start on wan enabled, that would be the cause of it but i suspect you don't.

Merlin posted deleting vpn client info in nvram would clear this but i just did factory reset and started from scratch.

Put Verb 5 into custom config to give you fully detailed log then disconnect vpn and reconnect and post if you want system log from vpn connection. Maybe it will show conflicting routes in system log then. This is exactly another reason i live fully detailed log openvpn gives you when you do verb 5 or even 10 vs 1 or 3.

Hi, I have the same issue and deleting the IP route helps, but somehow the error returns after a fews days..
Any suggestion what else could be causing this?
instead of using IP address on the router use it this way us-california.privateinternetaccess.com
by putting the address in this fashion that rarely happens
but if it does all you do is turn the serviceoff from the button in the VPN area and wait about 10 seconds and reconnect.
this should fix the error.
also are you connected to more then one server at the same time?

thanks for the suggestions and help.
VPN used is eu1.vyprvpn.com .
I checked and there is no comflict with "start on WAN" and it does seem to occur at random, at least it seems to me.
Before installing the Merlin firmware I did clean the nvram.

I will try and get some of the log info as soon as it occurs, perhaps someone can shed some light on this ;-)

thanks for the suggestions and help.
VPN used is eu1.vyprvpn.com .
I checked and there is no comflict with "start on WAN" and it does seem to occur at random, at least it seems to me.
Before installing the Merlin firmware I did clean the nvram.

I will try and get some of the log info as soon as it occurs, perhaps someone can shed some light on this ;-)

Doing a reset to factory defaults or 'clean the nvram' before flashing the firmware you want does nothing.

You need to reset to factory defaults and/or clean the nvram after flashing the firmware you want.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Try doing it now and then following it up with an minimal and manual setup (do not use a saved config file as that negates the reset to factory defaults).

Hi,
I have been paying around with the VPN a little in order to locate the routing error.
if the VPN is set to start on WAN (apply etc) and then switched on no error.
If the VPN is switched off and switched on again the routing error appears.
If a reboot is done (while VPN is off or on AND VPN is set to start on WAN) the error disappears.
It rather seems like a conflict in how the VPN is started than a real conflict in the route!?

Hi,
I have been paying around with the VPN a little in order to locate the routing error.
if the VPN is set to start on WAN (apply etc) and then switched on no error.
If the VPN is switched off and switched on again the routing error appears.
If a reboot is done (while VPN is off or on AND VPN is set to start on WAN) the error disappears.
It rather seems like a conflict in how the VPN is started than a real conflict in the route!?
Look at the bottom where it says custom configurations. Did you add anything there?

mine looks like this;

tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
reneg-sec 0
verb 3

Make sure your certificate is right and also try enabling this;
Username / Password Auth. Only Yes

Maybe that might fix it