What's new

Set up Instant Guard on my RT-Ax86U Pro with private ip

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jerrywyh

New Around Here
Hi folks, I bought my first router: Asus RT-AX86U Pro. My purpose is to set up a ASUS router that I can use as a VPN server. I'd like to use this VPN while I'm in a coffee shop or airport. Instant Guard is a built-in VPN, and that's what I'm trying to set up.

I've got Telus Pure Fibre, and my modem is T3200M. So I followed ASUS's support here. I went to the last step and couldn't finish it. I put in the DDNS and port number in the field and click next and got an error message as shown below.

The port forward settings on my Root AP Telus T3200M is shown below as well.

What could be wrong? Any comment is appreciated. Thanks,
1713909346831.jpg
1713909346833.jpg

Your router doesn't have a Public IP address. Can you put your Telus T3200M in Bridge mode (or, ask Telus to do it for you)?

Yes, I've already done port-forwarding. The left photo is a screenshot of my ROOT AP setting. Don't know if my ISP Telus blocks some ports.

After this post, I tried Wire guard and it worked. I used port 33333 instead of default 51820.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!