What's new

Slower than usual VPN speed on Asus RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Check new modem and make sure it is in bridge mode so you’re not double NAT’d.

The hardware acceleration is still enabled even after I disabled both AiProtection & Adaptive QoS. I just can't enable either AiProtection & Adaptive QoS mentioned without taking a huge hit on VPN speed. I tried traditional QoS with manual parameters to no avail.

Right, probably just the overhead associated with enabling AiProtection I guess.

upgraded my Comcast Xfinity internet speed subscription today from 150/10 Mbps to 250/10 Mbps. Also changed my old Motorola SB6141 Docsis 3.0 modem to a newer Arris CM8200A Docsis 3.1 modem yesterday.

Check your traffic shapers for QoS - got burned there with pfSense, modem, and bandwidth upgrade all at the same time - been there, done that, and it was a one hour call with Tier 2 support before I realized that it was my end with the traffic shapers in pfSense - they were doing exactly what they were set to do

;)