What's new

speed limit on windows only

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mdpatel9558

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
get limited download speed (400kbps to 1mbps) on window 10 & 11 only. upload speed is fine.. problem with lan and wifi both connection.
android mobile, android tv, Ubuntu and rpi get full 300mpbs speed. only problem with two windows pc.

5G CPE (as router) -> Asus GT-AX11000 - merlin (as router)
rpi and windows connected via lan.

if enable hotspot in windows and connect those hotspot in android mobile then get almost full speed..
if i run ubuntu from usb in same windows pc using try ubuntu option and check speed then get full speed.
only problem with windows os.

i think this is TTL related problem.
so, i try different iptables TTL rules in ASUS router but not working well.
but, i am sure TTL change effect on speed.
already change TTL in windows using below command but not working.
netsh int ipv4 set global defaultcurhoplimit=64

So, how to bypass this speed limit? How ISP detect which os i use?

thank you

What specific Windows devices are these? What specific WiFi/LAN adaptors and drivers?

What customizations have you done to your Windows and/or driver installs?

Uninstall the drivers, reboot/restart (not shutdown/power up) Windows, install the proper drivers, and test again.

I try with windows 10, 11 and also with different hardware and driver version.. but, same problem.
may be my isp Jio block none linux base os that use mobile sim internet with 5G CPE router. because of they force none mobile users for Fiber and Air fiber connection to increase revenue.
But, i don't know how they detect windows os.. how to bypass this?

IMO, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Please answer the questions to get better help here.

Yes you are right. no isp issue.. issue is something else..

when connect windows via wifi with 5G CPE get full speed on both ipv4 and ipv6.
And if connect Lan with windows and 5G CPE get full speed on speed test but if i disabled ipv6 then same get 300kbps to 1mbps speed.

But, if i use ethernet cable 5G CPE to GT-AX11000 then...:
1. disabled ipv6 : get 300kbps to 1mbps speed on window.. on linux based os RPI, android working fine without zero issue. in router gui speed test get full speed.
2. enable ipv6 : get 250mbps+ speed on windows, but some download not working well.. and linux based os working. like ipv4 only. in router gui speed test get full speed.

when i add another asus router AX53U with stock firmware between 5G CPE and GT-AX11000. AX-53U use stock firmware and setup Access point mode that connect 5G CPE wifi. insert lan cabel on AX-53U to wan port of GT-AX11000.
in this case. working fine without zero issue. also if disable ipv6 even work fine on window and Linux os..RPI, android.

* only problem with download speed no problem with upload in all case.
* also try different version of intel gigabit lan driver on window but same result.

Last edited: