What's new

Static ARP entries keep vanishing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

samirchagan

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

First of all, @RMerlin and everyone involved in this project, you are awesome!!

My first post here. Using Merlin firmware recently and it is delightful!

Upgraded from 3004.388.6 to 3004.388.7 and noticed a strange behavior. Basically static arp entries in the services-start script disappear randomly without any action on my side.

The script loads 3 entries and they show as PERM on the arp list, but at this moment one of the entries is missing. Ran services-start manually and the 3 entries are set in the arp list. I used to reboot every night, but sometimes the entries get lost before the 24 hour mark.

cru l shows this:
*/2 * * * * /etc/openvpn/server1/vpn-watchdog1.sh #CheckVPNServer1#
*/2 * * * * /etc/openvpn/server2/vpn-watchdog2.sh #CheckVPNServer2#

There is an old post in the forum but with no resolution.

PS: Yes, I could add it as a cron job... but would like to understand why this is happening.

Thanks guys!!

EDIT: roughly 3h24m later it happened again.

Last edited:
The same thing happens with my GT-AX6000 since I bought it last month (first firm 388.6_2, did not even tried stock fw, first power on => merlin flash)
I tought the arp flush was kernel related and normal (did not happen on my AC87U). Solved it through cron job.

Cheers

The same thing happens with my GT-AX6000 since I bought it last month (first firm 388.6_2, did not even tried stock fw, first power on => merlin flash)
I tought the arp flush was kernel related and normal (did not happen on my AC87U). Solved it through cron job.

Cheers
@elbubi forgot to mention, GT-AX6000 here too.

OT: Add a signature with your setup and you won´t have to write it in your posts.
Done also!
Thanks for the tip, I like to name the model on the post itself in case someone reads it in the future and my sig is changed with a newer model.

Cheers!