What's new

USBIP kernel modules for 386.7_2 RT-AX3000 (usbip.ko usbip_common_mod.ko and vhci-hcd.ko)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hmmm... wonder if udev is coming into play...

Found this -

This informs the kernel about the usb vendor/device, and they have rules in that repo that ID it as a valve vr device...

Hmmm... wonder if udev is coming into play...

Found this -

This informs the kernel about the usb vendor/device, and they have rules in that repo that ID it as a valve vr device...
Idk - people who ran into the same errors on raspberry pi said they were because the binaries were incompatible with the version of the kernel modules included in their kernel. The dongles bind fine on a pi running raspian.

Unfortunately on a pi, its just an apt install, but in my case my only option seems to be building the binaries - i thought it would be relatively simple as the toolchains came with the repo but i cant figure out how to build it. And i dont really know how to make a makefile and even with an attempt at parsing the makefile that came with the firmware, i couldnt find out which tools from the toolchain should be used or in what order

looks like with openwrt everything is available in the repo but i cant find a compatible build.

Edit: or, technically, i guess if i can find out what version of usbip is available on entware i could find the source for that version of the modules and replace the module source included with the kernel and build the kernel again

Last edited:
I would also like to use usbip with AsusWRT/Entware. Could you provide me with your compiled .ko files?
I've no clue as how to compile anything more than helloworld.c :)