What's new

wireless AC 5 gig coverage per class comparison

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yes might have to remember that for the future , i assume that those units with the usa CFE region will then be forced to work under the same regs and rules for this fcc thing , wonder if they have the ability to change the CFE region locally at asus au

There are ways to manipulate CFE that aren't public knowledge, without having to reflash the whole bootloader. I'll just leave it at that...

There are ways to manipulate CFE that aren't public knowledge, without having to reflash the whole bootloader. I'll just leave it at that...

Yes, there are - CFE is fairly powerful - lot of folks don't understand the whole context, but basically CFE (Common Firmware Environment) is the BIOS for the Broadcom CPU's...

Similar to uBoot/RedBoot/DasBoot across Broadcom and other chips...

my intrest is peaked , but i best hold of and wait to hear from asus au and see what they say first

lot of folks don't understand the whole context, but basically CFE (Common Firmware Environment) is the BIOS for the Broadcom CPU's...

lol i didnt even know what cfe was till you posted it , i tend to leave that side to those that need to know

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!