What's new

Wireless Mac filter defaulting to whitelist.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mgs

New Around Here
Hi,
Recently I established black list in my wireless network to prevent certain devices from using it. Some days after I disabled this black list turning wireless Mac filter off. When I tried to turn it back on again after choosing "on" radiobutton it defaulting to whitelist showing previously populated black list. However when I select black list it empties the entire list. It's perfectly ok to clear the list when it actually going from black to white and visa versa but not in this case. The actual setting should be saved when turning filter off and restored when it turned back on.
Can it be fixed or reported if it's Asus code?

Thanks in advance.
(The device is Asus rt-ax 87u).

Recently I established black list in my wireless network to prevent certain devices from using it.

Ok - and why?

If you're using WPA2/WPA3, and a reasonable passphrase, this shouldn't be a problem...

Ok - and why?

If you're using WPA2/WPA3, and a reasonable passphrase, this shouldn't be a problem...
The problem is the router defaulting blacklist to whitelist. Other than that I have no problem whatsoever.

The problem is the router defaulting blacklist to whitelist. Other than that I have no problem whatsoever.

Why use the MAC filter at all?

Just saying - as long as you have a secure passphrase and run WPA2 or better, you're good to go...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!