What's new

1 of 5 laptops (Chromebook) doesn't like 388.1 Final

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jj351

Occasional Visitor
...Or beta 4. I get random timeouts every 15-20 seconds that last 15-20 seconds and sometimes up to a minute, and nothing seen in the logs except for Trend Micro stuff. Anyone seen anything like this before?

On chromebook - one thing to look at...

CTRL-ALT-T - on the command line - network_diag –wifi

give that a try... that'll give some insight into what the Chromebook is seeing... (to exit cros-shell, just type exit to close the tab/window)

Chromebook's definitely don't like double-NAT... they have the shill process that is looking for captive portals, and it mis-fires quite a bit...

One of my test clients doesn't like 388.1 on AX86U as well. It works well with Asuswrt 388_20566 and 388_21709. It's a wireless bridge. On Asuswrt it reconnects automatically after router reboot. On Asuswrt-Merlin it has to be rebooted as well to restore the connection. I don't know what the issue is yet.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!