What's new

[384.8_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CVE-2018-10933. Are there any dependencies in the firmware on the OpenSSH library?

No.

And libssh has nothing to do with OpenSSH either, they are two totally separate products.

Good luck.
Let me know how you get on please.
Uptime 1 days 2 hours 21 minute(s) 19 seconds
One day report, working fine no degradations on wifi either 5 or 2 Ghz. We will see after some more days.

Uptime 4 days 0 hours 30 minute(s) 16 seconds
Still working fine with now degradations in speed either in 2 or 5 Ghz band.

Uptime 1 days 2 hours 21 minute(s) 19 seconds

Uptime 4 days 0 hours 30 minute(s) 16 seconds
Still working fine with now degradations in speed either in 2 or 5 Ghz band.
My uptime is 2 days 12 hours 12 minutes and other than the repetitive error kernel: [tdts_shell_ioctl_stat:256] Recv ioctl req with op 2 appearing every 30 mins the system is running fine! I still have my android box upside down because it’s the way it will get full speed but that’s not a problem.
Glad to see all is good with you :)

Just a heads up alpha testers. For some reason I lost throughput on 5G wifi. I turned 5G off and on and it recovered. I'm going to watch this.

well, i was on stock 32799 firmware, never had issues with 5 ghz, then went to merlin 384.7 , and after 1 day , i had the 5 ghz throughput issues, i still saw the ssid broadcasting, but i was unable to connect to it, until i do a reboot of the router
so upgrading from 384.7 to this alpa wont solve my problem then? its best for me to get back to stock 32799 ?

well, i was on stock 32799 firmware, never had issues with 5 ghz, then went to merlin 384.7 , and after 1 day , i had the 5 ghz throughput issues, i still saw the ssid broadcasting, but i was unable to connect to it, until i do a reboot of the router
so upgrading from 384.7 to this alpa wont solve my problem then? its best for me to get back to stock 32799 ?
I would suggest u do a complete router reset after u flashed Merlin from stock. And test again.

ok, but update to this alpha anyway? and afterwards a reset?

but what about the wifi fixes introduces in 32799? are they included ? because have 5.0 ghz issues

ok, but update to this alpha anyway? and afterwards a reset?

but what about the wifi fixes introduces in 32799? are they included ? because have 5.0 ghz issues
I dont think the source code for 32799 have not been released yet by Asus. Depending on went its released, Merlin may implement with this alpha.

Ok going back to 32799 , until new Merlin is out...

Can I just upgrade to 32799 from 348.7, any special considerations?
You may want to factory reset, after the upgrade and to start clean on 32799.

When running Site Survey my 5Ghz goes down. Comes up after a while.
Have other have same issues with it?

Site survey has issues for sure. Read back a few posts or pages and you will see. A search of this thread would have given you some info.

My site survey will only work over Lan. Every time I try using it over WiFi it just hangs and it’s been like that for a few releases now.

My site survey will only work over Lan. Every time I try using it over WiFi it just hangs and it’s been like that for a few releases now.
Has always worked for me over Lan and WiFi.

Ok going back to 32799 , until new Merlin is out...

Can I just upgrade to 32799 from 348.7, any special considerations?

As some have said, you should do a reset after you install the 348.7 firmware. And then configure manually. Do NOT import a saved config file. When you mentioned having wireless issues after installing 348.7 was that before or after a factory reset and manual configure?

Usually the hint to a failed restore to defaults,(and forth coming forum response) or just simply not doing it is: "I flashed back to the old f/w and it works now." .......It is a give away my friends. If you flash back and everything works as it did then the original flash and/or reset was messed up some how. Happened to me a few times.

...... and I always do a second reboot a few minutes after the reset and initial setup is complete. I've seen a few posts here where that second reboot seemed to cure mysterious issues. And probably overkill but after another few minutes I'll do the power cord pull for 15 seconds to make sure all internal components get reset. Someone posted a name for this a while back but I can't remember what it was.

Usually the hint to a failed restore to defaults,(and forth coming forum response) or just simply not doing it is: "I flashed back to the old f/w and it works now." .......It is a give away my friends. If you flash back and everything works as it did then the original flash and/or reset was messed up some how. Happened to me a few times.

This is SO true!!

...... and I always do a second reboot a few minutes after the reset and initial setup is complete. I've seen a few posts here where that second reboot seemed to cure mysterious issues. And probably overkill but after another few minutes I'll do the power cord pull for 15 seconds to make sure all internal components get reset. Someone posted a name for this a while back but I can't remember what it was.

This is SO true!!
I usually refer to it as a cold boot. That is an old term though.

Site survey breaks if I have guest wifi networks enabled. Need to disable guest and do a reboot. Sometimes the 5ghz band doesn’t turn up results and requires a reboot. Sometimes for no apparent reason a reboot is required before site survey will work at all.

Site survey has issues for sure. Read back a few posts or pages and you will see. A search of this thread would have given you some info.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!