What's new

386.5.2 unstable vpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AsusRog

Occasional Visitor
disconnects milliseconds several times a day vpn instability latest version should check on asus ax86u

disconnects milliseconds several times a day vpn instability latest version should check on asus ax86u
VPN client or server? You should give a bit more information.

How would you even detect any outage of only a few milliseconds? Just beware, OpenVPN might need to change the session key from time to time, or reinitialize itself w/ a soft reset, which is normal. Those events would normally appear in the syslog, and usually go unnoticed. Perhaps this is what you're referring to? Whatever the issue may be, without a syslog, it's hard to access what, if anything, is actually happening.

Plus, a few milliseconds is shorter than even the timeout delays for a TCP or an UDP connection.

The Internet is not a realtime network. Latency spikes of a few milliseconds (and even more) are normal.

VPN client or server? You should give a bit more information.
I get a notification in wifi that there is no internet connection in vpn that's what I mean when using vpn and it comes back a matter of a second
in client mode (udp) it randomly disconnects for milliseconds and comes back, it's hardly noticeable but it could be anything from the last update since the previous one doesn't do it

I had the same experience as AsusRog after dirty flashing the firmware. The only place where I could visualize this was in the graphics of NZBVortex3 while downloading a file. The intermittent internet connection cause I have never found. But after a full reset (WPS reset,) and bottom up configuration this problem was gone and I have not seen it again.