What's new

A couple of Assorted issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

do you have any ideas on what could be done to fix some of the issues, masquerade rules etc
Sorry, no I don't. I 100% agree with this statement from RMerlin.
If there's still any UPnP issue left, people should ask the miniupnpd author about it. All Asuswrt does is run miniupnpd, which takes care of creating/deleting iptables rules as necessary. Debugging the UPnP protocol is beyond the scope of this project, and I've already spent too much time in the past on this. The user feedback is even conflicting, as some people said all their UPnP issues were resolved the last time I looked into this one or two releases ago.

In addition to that I would say that the game developers also need to do more work on fixing this.

If you want to experiment with NAT types and see if Full Cone NAT might make consoles happier, you can try manually configuring it:

http://www.joewein.net/info/sw-iptables-full-cone-nat.htm
I'm running two windows 10 pcs not consoles, don't have enough screens for consoles lol, Umm how do I implement the ip tables rules you linked, do I just SSH in to the router or something. Wait are you saying that I can specify full cone for my xbox one and 360 and have my pcs use symmetric NAT?

Sorry, no I don't. I 100% agree with this statement from RMerlin.

In addition to that I would say that the game developers also need to do more work on fixing this.
Merlin linked something about full cone NAT and ip tables, is there a guide on how to like Implement the rules? I'm quite quirous about testing this, I just have no Idea where to start reading.

Just making a suggestion here, while your trying to get your current Merlin router configuration figured out. How about testing with a known router that does support full cone nat? Just as a comparison test to see the differences. Something to consider. It's what I've been doing with two game consoles and same game running and dealing with differences between routers that seem to support Full cone NAT and routers that only support Symmetric NAT which seems to be incompatible and causes NAT problems in game. I have a few that seem to work well with two game consoles. Just a suggestion.

Just making a suggestion here, while your trying to get your current Merlin router configuration figured out. How about testing with a known router that does support full cone nat? Just as a comparison test to see the differences. Something to consider. It's what I've been doing with two game consoles and same game running and dealing with differences between routers that seem to support Full cone NAT and routers that only support Symmetric NAT which seems to be incompatible and causes NAT problems in game. I have a few that seem to work well with two game consoles. Just a suggestion.
Last one that I'm sure should have had it I return it due to faulty firmware and hardware.

Might try again or something else. I can help with some suggestions if you need. I have a short list if routers that seem to work and ones that don't. The NG one in my signature works as one model.

Also I noticed some thing weird, I had adaptive qos set to custom with gaming at the top and voip under it etc, and I checked my nat it was moderate, when changing it to gaming my cod nat and xbox one nat flicked to open, just an observation this is nott he first time its happened. I strongly believe that adaptive qos has a part to play with upnp.

I think I understand why merlin suggests full one nat, it seems that symmetric only hits one port at a time, where as cone can do multiple, ohhhhh that might explain the issue with gta v, my previous netgear r8000 mush have done full cone nat giving me open status, where as the asus having symmetric, that's why I get moderate, it makes sense now thnx ColinTaylor & RMerlin

unfortunately, snat doesn't work since my ip is dynamic