What's new

A Guide About Installing ZeroTier on ASUS AC68U Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Awesome solution. I was amazed at how Merlin can add this opportunity - and superkudos to you for coming up with this solution. Anyone stuck behind Starlink CGNAT this is an awesome solution.

I've only got one problem that is probably an oversight on my newbie skillet. It seems when the router reboots, ZT does not automatically start. I have to ssh in and manually enter mod probe tun, zerotier -one -d, zerotier-cli info....any thoughts on which script or setting will cause this to run after boot.?

Than,s!.

Anyone stuck behind Starlink CGNAT this is an awesome solution.
Not undermining ZT in any way as it has it’s own advantages, but if you’re stuck behind CGNAT (I am) and are after an alternative to ZT that is easy to install and configure from Merlin/amtm, you might want to consider Tailscale (you can install it via the amtm Addon Tailmon).

Last edited:
hello, I have a problem with installing zerotier on ax6000. After restoring factory settings, I will not be able to run Zerotier. I get the following message.

mie@GT-AX6000:/tmp/home/root# zerotier-one -d

mie@GT-AX6000:/tmp/home/root# Starting Control Plane...
Starting V6 Control Plane...

mie@GT-AX6000:/tmp/home/root# zerotier-cli info

Error connecting to the ZeroTier service: connection failed
Please check that the service is running and that TCP port 9993 can be contacted via 127.0.0.1.

Do you have any idea what's going on?