What's new

A serious problem on RT-N56U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tristate

New Around Here
Sorry for my mistake, this thread shall be placed here...

I got a N56U 4 days before, and there seems to be a critical problem for me on this product.

When the lease time of DHCP at the WAN port (leased from up-link router) is reached, the RT-N56U router will stop the internet connection and wait for the new leased IP. The internet traffic during this process is completely unavailable, which means a stop of 5 to 6 seconds.

This would cause a unwanted disconnection on internet usage, especially on voip, streaming video and online game. The dhcp lease time on my ISP is set to be very short (Tele2 in Sweden), and I was confused with continuously disconnection after switched to this router.

I tried the most recent firmware (1.0.1.2) with no help on my case. Hope this problem can be solved soon...

There's been a new firmware released since this report. I had this router but returned it (since my WL-500W miraculously came back to life and I needed the cash).