What's new

Diversion AC Merlinware 386.14 introduces screen scrolling problem on MANY [but not all] webui add-ons!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here are some samples of what I get. All pretty much have similar output.
Jack includes a much newer jquery.js than the firmware’s version. Using both in the same ASP could lead to unpredictable results, maybe.

When I implemented the fix and tested it before submitting the PR, I had no issues with my RT-AC86U running the latest 386.14 F/W.

Keep in mind that you *must* update to the latest 1.4.6 version from the 'develop' branch:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/uiScribe develop
/jffs/scripts/uiScribe forceupdate

If you still have issues, grab some screenshots, including the browser console window to see what or where the problem might be.
Gotcha - my confusion stemmed from this sentence in your prior post ...

I'd like to point out that none of @Jack Yaz's add-ons (YazFi, uiScribe, uiDivStats, ntpMerlin, spdMerlin, connmon, etc.) have required a workaround for the "missing scrollbar" ...

I now understand what you meant - that AFTER you had fixed the issues ... no further workaround was needed ... as long as one applied the develop branch ... [or unless the add-on author applied your / @dave14305 fixes into their release versions🤔].

Running develop on uiScribe and it works - uiDivStats worked right after your PR was applied.
Many thanks again ... 👍.

Keep in mind that you *must* update to the latest 1.4.6 version from the 'develop' branch:
Bash:

If you still have issues, grab some screenshots, including the browser console window to see what or where the problem might be.

This did the trick, uiScribe have vertical scrollbar now.
Thank you !

Regards,
Aurel

When I implemented the fix and tested it before submitting the PR, I had no issues with my RT-AC86U running the latest 386.14 F/W.

View attachment 60554

Bash:

I don't have uiScribe installed. Shall I install it in order to solve the problem ?

I don't have uiScribe installed. Shall I install it in order to solve the problem ?
If you do not have uiScribe installed; what problem do you have that you are trying to solve?
Do you have another addon script installed that is exhibiting the missing scroll bar issue? If so what addon script?

I cannot scroll the spdmerlin WebUI (now working after having forced an update)
scmerlin WebUI is working
Sitemap WebUI not working

Also the Diversion WebUI is disabling the scrollbar.

Last edited:
I cannot scroll the spdmerlin WebUI (now working after having forced an update)
scmerlin WebUI is working
Sitemap WebUI not working

Also the Diversion WebUI is disabling the scrollbar.
The fixes for the missing scroll bars in addon scripts generally will need to be fixed by the addon developer. For Diversion, the developer is, as they indicated in an earlier in post #3, away from home, and will be addressing it some time this week (or maybe next).

Post a screen shot of the "sitemap webui" so people can see the issue and the developer can fix if it is not already fixed.

The fixes for the missing scroll bars in addon scripts generally will need to be fixed by the addon developer. For Diversion, the developer is, as they indicated in an earlier in post #3, away from home, and will be addressing it some time this week (or maybe next).

Post a screen shot of the "sitemap webui" so people can see the issue and the developer can fix if it is not already fixed.
Now I'm not at home but I will do.
Anyhow it is not a very blocking issue and I can wait the time ... I am going on vacation as well :)

There are already other threads for Skynet and YazFi addons ... however no mention as yet that Diversion's webui page is probably the most prevalent one to be hit by this problem. Here is the exact problem that affects MOST addon webui pages [with the exception so far of - scMerlin page]

View attachment 60516

If one manually edits out "overflow: hidden;" and leaves the rest - the page displays correctly with the scroll bar fully functional.
I am not a coder - so have no idea what generates that unwanted piece of code.

On the other hand - I have no doubt that @thelonelycoder will be able to find a fix - and also that the same fix can be applied to all the other add-on pages that don't scroll under 386.14 - The biggest impact from a scrolling point of view is on Scribe and Skynet - useless if you can't scroll 😌.

If I understand the Merlon Maestro correctly - this problem was introduced by Asus itself ... and I guess will likely find its way into future GPL releases from Asus for other models in their range??
I can confirm that I am seeing this on other add-ons "connmon" & "spdMerlin" and the above fix temporarily brings back the scroll bar. Is there a permanent fix.

I can confirm that I am seeing this on other add-ons "connmon" & "spdMerlin" and the above fix temporarily brings back the scroll bar. Is there a permanent fix.
Check the individual addon posts in the subforum to see if the issue has been corrected by developer(s).
For example; Diversion 5.3 fixes the missing scroll bar issue in that addon.
It is possible some addon's will not see an update due to the main developer no longer developing the addon script. In other cases others have taken to modifying certain addon scripts in the case where the original developer is no longer developing the addon. Jack Yaz's addon scripts are a good example of this. He has apparently stepped away from active development of his scripts and at least one other person (@Martinski) has stepped into fix certain issues with certain Jack Yaz addon scripts.

The permanent fix for 386.14 routers is for Add-on developers to remove jQuery.noConflict() from their ASP pages, and fix the loading sequence of state.js and jquery.js in the ASP.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can try it locally:
Code:
sed -i.bak 's/var \$j=jQuery.noConflict();//; s/\$j(/\$(/g' /jffs/addons/connmon.d/connmonstats_www.asp
If it doesn't work, just restore the backup file or reinstall the addon:
Code:
mv /jffs/addons/connmon.d/connmonstats_www.asp.bak /jffs/addons/connmon.d/connmonstats_www.asp
If it does work, you can try the same commands on the other Jack Yaz ASP pages on your router.

Last edited:
When playing with 386.14 I found missing scroll bar in firmware itself, per IP monitoring page, Traffic Analyzer.

The following post might be useful to you:

IOW, try installing the 'develop' branch version for each add-on to see if it fixes the problem you're seeing.

connmon v3.0.3:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/connmon develop
/jffs/scripts/connmon forceupdate

spdMerlin v4.4.6:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/spdmerlin develop
/jffs/scripts/spdmerlin forceupdate

ntpMerlin v3.4.6:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin develop
/jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin forceupdate

When playing with 386.14 I found missing scroll bar in firmware itself, per IP monitoring page, Traffic Analyzer.
I guess nobody is using IPTraffic anymore, as this is the first I hear of it. IPTraffic is incompatible with CTF and only available with kernel 2.6.36, so nearly a non-existent userbase I suppose.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!