What's new

A weird question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Clifford Conrad Sumner

New Around Here
Hey there! so, I recently got my hands on a Rocoh Theta S 360 degree camera and I have a strange question.
The way the camera works is by creating a wifi hotspot for a single smartphone to log onto and connect via their app.
The wifi range is very poor so I wanted to extend it with a range extender.
I setup an old linksys router with with DD-wrt and setup the repeater bridge but it was a no go.
I tried setting up static a static IP and DMZ for my smartphone but that didn't work either.
What does work is that my smartphone can acquire it's IP from the camera but once the app tries to connect to the phone loses wifi connectivity.

Anyway, I know it's a weird question but if anyone has any ideas I sure would appreciate it. :)

It works just fine unless it's trying to use the wireless bridge.

Does the bridge then somehow connect as a phone (from the perspective of the Ricoh?

And you didn't answer the question. ;)

It works just fine unless it's trying to use the wireless bridge.
then the wireless bridge is the issue mainly because when anything connected behind the bridge gets stripped with the routers mac address and thus the issue for the app

why are you not just connecting the phone directly to the camera as its designed to

then the wireless bridge is the issue mainly because when anything connected behind the bridge gets stripped with the routers mac address and thus the issue for the app

why are you not just connecting the phone directly to the camera as its designed to

See first post.

See first post.

OP are you trying to use the camera as some sort of security camera or door monitor as om not sure its designed for this

again the dd wrt wireless bridge and the way it works is the issue , a normal universal wireless bridge may work but its not really designed to work this way as its using the phone to the send the images to the cloud of FB etc

Thanks for all the replies!
Not using it for a security camera, just needing some more range.
One thing I did think about was cloning the smartphones MAC to the router and seeing if that helped but I didn't for some reason. If the app is using the MAC maybe that would do the trick.

its because of what i mentioned above

still not understanding why you cant bring the camera to you and then use the app then

in any case the repeater isnt going to work

I was saying that "I" didn't not that "it" didn't.
Having the phone close to the camera wont work for my intended use.
Also, I don't need to send the images to the cloud either.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone! :)