What's new

AC3200 Access point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alberto Bonfiglio

New Around Here
Hello,
i have an AC3200 router covering most of my house. I need to extend range to RV and Horse Barns.
I am going to pass cat6 wire to the barns and I would like to place a couple of access points there. I don't expect heavy traffic (no movie streaming) but some security cameras and general internet access there. I was wondering which access point works best with AC3200? Another AC3200? Some other brand? Any other suggestion or reccomendation from the experts?

Cheers,
Alberto

Depending on the size of the area to be covered, you may need multiple APs in the barns. Be careful to not place them too high up. Omnidirectional antenna coverage looks like a donut with the AP in the "hole". Put the APs up too high and you might end up under the radiation pattern.

Most devices are 2x2 at most. So AC1200 class APs would work fine.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!